Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

By then end of the day they ended up in Denver. Needless to day Luke drove like a madman to get them there, and they only got pulled over like three times. Of course they got away with a little help from the Mist.

Percy and the rest now stayed in a motel at the edge of town and for dinner they went to dinner across the street. Inside they found a private booth at the back where they quickly sat down and ordered a huge meal. Needless to say after killing evil lake sports and driving miles on end they were all hungry.

"Here you go deary's," said the nice old woman who was their waitress, "one chicken burger for the young man with the pretty blue eyes," that was Percy, "a mac and cheese combo for the young gentleman," Luke, "and a steak for you handsome," Grover.

"Correct ma'am," Percy replied as he smiled at the woman.

"Oh you know how it is. I worked thirty years in this restaurant, I am very good at getting my customer's orders right. Now eat up," and with that the woman left them.

As soon as she did Percy grabbed the steak, Luke the steak and Grover the mac and cheese and Luke the burger. She was so sweet that they didn't have the heart to tell her she got the order's wrong.

As Percy carved into his steak he sighed happily, it had been a long time since he had dinner food and even longer since he had steak. The grease, the salt, the fat all combined will give a person either a feeling of bliss or a heart condition.

"So where to after this?" Percy asked Luke who was nearly halfway done with his burger.

"If we continue on this pace for the next day we should reach LA tomorrow afternoon," Luke repled.

"What about the car? Do you think Jet and the other would report it stolen?"

Luke shook his head, "no I explained to them to do so only after a week. So even if a cop pulls us over, and they are clear sighted or something, the car won't be reported as stolen."

Percy nodded as he continued to eat his steak. But just then;

Ping!

Warning! Bloodlust behind you! Origin:Ares!

Percy's eyes shot up when reading that text. He then quickly got up and turned around and there at the entrance of the dinner was Ares.

The god was in disguise true, but one look at him and any demigod would know who he really was. He wore a leather jackets with spikes on it and his hair was shaped like a mohawk. He looked around with his red shades behind which Percy could see glowing eyes filled with anger and power. Yup, that guy was definitely the god of war.

"Percy what's wrong?" Luke asked the boy.

"It-It's Ares. He's here," Percy stammered not daring to look away.

Ares then locked eyes with Percy and smiled. He then began walking to their booth and slid into the seat opposite Percy and right next to Grover, who looked like he was having a heart attack.

"Hello shitheads," the god of war said as he smiled at them.

"Lord Ares," Luke said while Grover bowed and Percy looked at his stats;

Ares, God of War, traitor

Lv-?

HP:?

MP:?

Race- Olympian God

Str-?

Vit-?

Dex-?