Chapter 37

Chapter 37:

Percy sat crossed legged in the middle of the Amphitheatre. He had one hand on his lap and one on Wave rider which stood straight by his side. The sky was red indicating that Percy was inside his ID world. He took a deep breath in, and slowly let it out.

Percy opened his eyes and placed Wave rider across his lap. 'Okay, let's see how you work.'

Percy slowly let anger take over. It was difficult to start, you couldn't just decided to get angry, it had to come out on it's own. So Percy created his own motivation. He recalled all the times he was angry. The time Mera got attacked, the time in the illusional world when Kronos killed Thalia. That time Hades took his mother. That time he found out Luke was a traitor.

Anger slowly poured out of him in earnest. Percy knew this wasn't his limit to how angry he could get, this was barely the surface. But it enough to activate the special mode on his weapon.

Ping!

Special mode activated! Emotion: Anger

4 X attack, Rage blast- beam of light that causes affected individuals to go into a rage filled frenzy

The white in Percy's blue trident turned blood red as an aura of rage covered the weapon and Percy.

Ping!

Perk: 'Le Bete' activated! You gained +20 to all stats!

Percy's eyes slowly began to change. While before the Le Bete curse was uncontrollable and gave +50 extra stats, the new improved perk gave only +20 stats, but allowed Percy to remain in control. As such to reflect on this change, instead of Percy's eyes turning yellow, they turned bright red.

Percy got off the ground and began twirling the weapon around. Percy's skills in spear handling would be useful in fighting with a trident, the principle of attack was basically the same for both.

Percy trailed his weapons over and over before harshly swinging the trident in a wide arc sending a blast of wind so powerful it damaged the rocks in front of Percy.

'Guess that's what a weapon with 400,000 attack points can do,' Percy realised as he slowly let the weapon depower by releasing his anger. The red in the trident turned back to white and his eye turned back to their normal sea green.

'Let's try... will power.'

Percy placed the trident before him and focused on the blades. His brain no longer tried to divert his attention, when in battle his focus was like that of a hawk's. Percy slowly removed all other emotions, they would just get in the way. He then thought, 'activate.'

Percy's will was strong enough to activate the special mode in his trident causing the white lines to turn green;

Ping!

Special mode activated! Emotion: Willpower

Power supplied due to willpower- X 2

'I didn't concentrate enough,' Percy realised as he let go of his concentration returning his weapon back to normal. He then focused again. This time didn't think of anything else except activating his weapon's power, and once again;

Ping!

Special mode activated! Emotion: Willpower

Power supplied due to willpower- X 4

Percy realised the mode and he panted. He was tired, the amount concentration needed for only a 4 times power boost was ridiculous. Even with Gamer's mind Percy couldn't muster enough willpower. But maybe that was because this was training. Percy had always been the type to grow stronger under pressure, maybe that was what he needed to become stronger with willpower.