Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

Percy begged his dad to bring Grover here, and the moment he did the Satyr jumped at Percy and began to hit him across the face with his reeds screaming, 'you left me there you son of a bitch! I nearly got forced into becoming a gigolo to pay the motel bills!'

After Percy managed to calm the Satyr down he brought him back to camp after saying bye to his dad, who had a smirk on his face that pissed Percy off for some reason.

The next day Percy found himself inside the war room in the Big House with the head of every cabin member there along with Chiron as their stand in for their camp counselor, Dionysus was still being scolded by Zeus, something Percy relished hearing.

"So what have you called this meeting seaweed brain?" Clarisse asked as she cleaned her fingernails with her dagger.

"Yeah I thought we might just get a few days off before we had to start planning for war," Travis complained as his brother Connor nodded in agreement, the two were now the heads of the Hermes cabin replacing Luke.

"I wish we could but something has come up. When Grove, Luke and I went on our quest we came across a society of mercenaries, deadly, powerful mercenaries. I want to move on this group before Luke does and get them on our side of the battle, because the last thing we need is them on the enemy team."

"This group of people," Chiron asked, "what are they called?"

Percy narrowed his eyes, "the Abyss."

Chiron's eyes shot open in shock, "Luke has found a way into the Abyss?! Where did you all go during your quest?!"

"Ah...Boston?" Percy shrugged, "anyway this is bad news and we have to stop it at all costs. Anyone with me?"

"I am Percy," Annabeth said as she stood up.

"I am too," Charles replied.

"And so are we," Travis replied as he and his brother stood up.

"And so am I," Clarisse said as she stood up ready for a new mission.

"Well that's good, nice of you all to stand up for you friends, but we need everyone here," Chiron said, "we need to make sure nothing like this happened ever again. I would recommend Percy go in this quest with the traditional three members per quest arrangement."

"Hey that's not fair!" replied the Hermes twins.

"We should all go Chiron! The more the better chance we have of catching Luke!" Annabeth cried out in protest.

"It's okay guys!" Percy cried out settling down everyone there, "Chiron is right. Camp is defenseless, and we need someone to make sure shit doesn't hit the fan while we are away. And besides three people should be more than enough to get to Luke, after all this is more of a reconnaissance mission than a quest."

The demigods grumbled under their breath but just then Charles spoke up in a loud neutral tone silencing them all, "whatever you say Percy,"

Percy nodded, "okay then. For this quest I'll be taking... Clarisse and Annabeth."

"You sure?" Annabeth asked, "I don't really know what help I can be in a fight here Percy."

"It's your brains I need, leave the fighting to Clarisse and I, that is," he turned to the daughter of Ares, "if you're in."

The demigoddess smirked, "of course I'm in. When do we start?"

"In two days time," Percy replied, "pack up and be ready by then. Is there anything else anyone would like to discuss?"