Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Percy blocked a thrust from Peter and quickly hit him behind the head with a back hand. He then moved forward and engaged another child of Ares in combat. Thier swords clashed again and again but Percy was faster. The son of Poseidon quickly side stepped an attack and then punched his enemy right in the nose causing him to drop like a sack.

Percy smiled at the victory and just then;

Warning, sword swing from behind!

Percy jumped away and there behind him was another child of Ares with a blade that just missed Percy by an inch. Percy spun and swung his sword and struck the boy in the face causing him to hold his head in pain.

The son of Poseidon turned and looked at the three children of Ares charging him. Percy readied his blade and charged ahead. The first child had his shield up, seeing this Percy jumped, used his shield as a diving board and jumped over their head. He landed behind them and then turned around with a low sweep knocking them all off balance.

Percy then jumped onto the back of one middle Ares kid and grabbed his sword with his left. He then extended his both sword and put the blade underneath the neck of the other Ares kids that ever just getting up, "I win."

The kids all sighed and Percy grinned. He got of the kid he was sitting on and gave him back his sword. Clarisse then approached Percy with a snarl on her face. But it was good snarl, like ......hm....well I can't think of any but believe me it was a good snarl.

"Not bad for a son of Poseidon," Clarisse said crossing her arms, "but those were the worst fighters we had so don't think you have won yet."

"Hey!" the campers Percy just beat called out as the children of Ares then got into an argument amongst themselves. Percy smiled at this and looked over to the blue boxes that appeared;

Due to constant use you leveled up a skill!

· Sword Mastery, Lv-10 (20%)

Allows user to freely handle swords.

50% more damage when using swords.

Ping!

Due to constant moment and working out you have gained + Vit!

Percy smiled and put the box away. Right now it was early in the morning somewhere around 7 if Percy was to guess, not to self really get a watch! Percy had started training with the Ares campers today in the Arena and needless to say Percy was very grateful for the skill levels he got. So far he got only a level up in sword skill but soon in the future it might be more.

"So Percy you ready for one more round?" Clarisse asked as she readied her spear with a feral grin.

Percy was about to say yes when he was cut off by another voice, "what about letting me have a round?" Percy turned and there walking to them was a blond camper with a scar under his right eye near his chin. He had a grin on his face and a cool spring in his step. He wore the orange camp shirt with shorts and on his hip was a sword.

"Hey Luke," Clarisse said addressing the new camper, "what are you doing here?"

"What can't a guy go out to train once in awhile?" Luke said to the girl and flashed a smile. He then turned to Percy with a hand offered in friendship, "name's Luke, Luke Castellan son of Hermes."

Percy smiled, "Percy, Percy Jackson son of Poseidon."

"Yeah I know. But after that show you put on two days ago I'm sure everyone knows," Luke's smile then turned vicious, "so how about a little battle between us?"