Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

Percy let out a sigh. "I am so sorry," Mera apologized once again from inside her tank. Percy had made it out of ice and water from the sea. After the mermaid had calmed down he had explained what had happened and the mermaid had been apologizing to him continuously since then.

"I told you it's fine Mera," Percy reassured her again, "see it's already healed," the demigod pointed at his nose which looked as if it had never seen a scratch.

"Yes that is true but I still hurt you my prince please forgive me," Mera bowed again.

"Relax Mera you reacted on instinct, it's understandable," Percy then raised an eyebrow, "but ah why exactly did you call me 'prince'?"

Mera blinked, "well you are a son of Poseidon yes?"

"Yeah, but how did you know that?"

"I can sense the sea in you, and it is a much stronger connection than mine or my siblings, so you must be a son of Poseidon."

Percy looked impressed, "wow, you're pretty smart huh," Mera blushed, "but still why do you call me prince?"

"Well my lord every child of Poseidon is considered as a prince of the seas. Hence it is the duty of every subject of the sea to call you as such."

Percy whistled, "Damn, I didn't know that. But either way don't call me prince, or your highness. I don't like the whole title thing. Kinda makes me sound like Ares."

Mera blinked, "but your highness-"

"-Percy, my name is Percy," the son of Poseidon interrupted, "and besides I really haven't done anything to deserve to be called a prince."

Mera shook her head, "that's not true, you saved me."

Percy smiled, "yeah... I suppose I did. How-if you don't mind me asking, how did you get there?"

Mera's face shifted to one of sadness and pain. Percy regretted the moment he asked her that question. 'Oh you stupid mother fucker!' Percy cursed himself, "Hey I'm sorry you don't have to I didn't realise-"

"-No, no it's okay," Mira said as tears welled up in her eyes, "I...it was my idea. My fault. Tere didn't want to go, none of them did. But I insisted and....I should have just stayed home!"

Tears flowed freely from the mermaid's face. Percy didn't know why, but he felt heartbroken to see them. The demigod climbed into the tank and pulled the mermaid close, "it's okay, you're alright now."

You have entered a water body! Due to your parentage you have gained a boost!

+1000 HP

+1000 MP

All wounds are healed

All ailments cured

Water Breathing ability active

+1000 HP(+1000 HP due to necklace of Poseidon) = +2000 HP

+1000 MP (+1000 MP due to necklace of Poseidon) = +2000 MP

"It's my fault, it's all my fault," Mera's tear rolled down her cheek and floated in the water slowly transforming into small piece of crystals. Percy's eyes widened in shock he didn't know mermaids cried tears made out of freaking crystals!

"It's not your fault Mera," Percy assured the mermaid holding her tight, "the only one to blame is that monster."

"It's dead right? You killed it?"

Percy nodded, "yeah, it's gone."

The redhead nodded and slowly she fell asleep in Percy's arms. The demigod and the mermaid floated in the water as neither moved. She was exhausted and Percy didn't feel like waking her up by moving away. His arms were becoming numb while holding her but the way she shivered made him realise that she needed it.