Chapter 35

Chapter 35:

Percy sat on his bed slowly sharpening his blade. He had noticed that it had started to get dull around the edges, but it was nothing a little elbow grease couldn't fix.

This was the first time Percy was actually taking care of his weapon, he didn't really realise just how much he abused it until he took it out and showed it to Nico and little Percy. Earlier that day he had gone to Nina and got a wet stone for polishing his blade, and now here he was.

Percy lifted Riptide up and looked at it, the blade's edge was sharp again, hopefully he would remember to take care of it next time before it got too out of hand.

Ping!

You have created a new skill through your actions!

Maintenance, Lv- 1 (90%)

Allows you to take care of your possessions.

Sword maintenance- Lv- 1 - Grants a 5% bonus to your sword.

Percy closed the box, at this point he wasn't even surprised at the random skills that kept popping up.

Percy then Observed Riptide;

Anaklusmos

Anaklusmos or Riptide is made out of celestial bronze. It has two forms one as a pen and one as a sword. To release its sword form simply take off it's cap. And to make it into a pen, tap the cap on the blade.

It is charmed so as to never be lost as it always appears in the owner's pocket few moments later. It is a blade used by Hercules himself given to him by Zoe Nightshade, the original owner. Riptide draws it's power from the sea and hence is every effective when used by a spirit of the sea or by a child of the sea.

Attack-105 (MAINTENANCE BOOST- + 5 attack, lasts for 10 days)

+50% when used against monsters.

+100% when used by a child of the sea.

Percy saw that his blade had gotten a small boost in power, it wasn't much, but it was something.

Percy then put away the sword and walked around the cabin. He looked at the enchanted shrub he had growing on his window sill. The silver leafed berry plant didn't have any enchanted berries for him, it took nearly a year of them to become mature.

Percy controlled the moisture in the air and slowly formed a mist around the plant weeting it's leaves. He then formed a ball of water in his hands and poured it into the pot ensuring the plant stayed hydrated.

Just then a knock came on the cabin door startling Percy and John, who was in his bed reading a book on World War 2. Percy smiled, 'it must be him.'

Percy opened the door and smiled, "hey dad, about time you came."

Poseidon smiled, "sorry I was held up by Triton, he wanted to discuss war plans. Such a pain, may I come in?"

Percy stepped to the side, "it is your cabin."

Poseidon walked in and immediately his eyes fell on John who was already on his feet looking at the God with surprise and confusion.

"P-Poseidon?" John asked surprised.

The God nodded as his eyes shone with love, "yes. Hello, son."

John didn't know what to do, he had never had a father before. So he reacted the only way he knew how. He stood at attention and saluted the God, "sir."

Poseidon and Percy chuckled. "Dude, he's you dad, you can relax," Percy said closing the door, "it's Triton you have to worry about, that guy is a stickler for the rules."