8

It was the next morning. Sofia sat in front of her vanity table in her dressing gown. Her hair was down. It was curly from the curlers that she had in the night before.

The newspaper was in her hand as she gently sipped her morning coffee. She read the headlines, looking for an intriguing story to read.

"I think I'd like to have a look around Birmingham today, I want to see Small Heath in particular". She said softly to Tony, her main man. He nodded his head and said. "I'll get the car around". She shook her head and said. "No it's a fine morning, maybe a walk will do us". He nodded his head and slowly slipped out of the room leaving her to get dressed.

She walked up to her closet and looked at all her dresses. She smiled as she chose the dress she wanted.

She left her hair down and pinned the hat carefully into her hair

She left her hair down and pinned the hat carefully into her hair.  She slipped on her white laced gloves and her pearl cream necklace. She grabbed a rouge lipstick and placed it on her lips. She slid the lipstick into her bag and looked at her reflection.

She was right on either sides of her arms where five finger shaped bruises. She shook her head at the thought of her husband. She sprayed some perfume on and met Tony outside.

"Is it okay if I say something". Tony muttered after ten minutes of walking down the road. Sofia nodded and looked up at Tony, ignoring the looks she was getting from the people.

"When they take Luca down I still want to work for you. I understand that Capone will be in charge of New York but I still want to work for you". He said.

Sofia smiled softly and hooked her small arm through his muscular arm. "I'd love that Tony. Thank you for staying loyal to me". He nodded his head and muttered. "I'd do anything for you Mrs Changretta. Your husband is a vile man and if it was up to me I would of killed him years ago". She smiled sadly and squeezed his arm.

"Where should we go first Tony?" She asked. She looked around the cobbled streets and smiled. It was so different to New York. "I don't mind, any place you would like to go to my lady". She snorted and pointed to a small stand.

"I want to try some of her bread, it smells delicious". He nodded his head and watched as she slipped towards the stand.

Sofia smiled and looked at all the different loafs. In America she wasn't really allowed out of the house. Luca only allowed her out when there was a function and she needed to show her face.

"Can I 'elp you love". The lady asked. Sofia nodded and asked. "Can I buy that brown loaf please". The woman smiled and asked. "Your not around ere' are you?" Sofia shook her head and said. "No I'm from New York, I'm just over here travelling". The woman smiled and said. "That will be 7 cents dear".

Sofia smiled and pulled out her purse. "Keep the change". She said. The woman frowned and shook her head. "I can't take this much money from you dear". Sofia smiled and tucked the loaf under her arm. "Please I insist. Have a beautiful day". She made her way over to Tony and they continued there journey.

"You just made her day". He muttered. She smiled and shrugged. "I got you something whilst you where talking to that woman". She looked up at him and her smile widened as he handed her a small jar of Jam.

"Oh Tony your the best". She muttered whilst throwing her arms around him.

She didn't care if people looked. She knew that public displays of affection was frowned upon from most people but she just didn't care.

They soon found a bench to sit on. She pulled out her pocket knife from her boot and started to spread the jam on the bread.

Tony and Sofia sat there in silence as they ate, it was a comfortable silence.

After they where finished they continued there walk. It was around midday when they turned up at Small Heath.

"So the Shelby's own all of this then". She muttered. Tony nodded his head. "They've come a long way since the war". She looked around at the different sceneries. "You think it will be okay if I place a bet on?" Tony asked.

She smirked and nodded her head. "Yeah go ahead". She watched as he half ran towards the shop. Her head turned to look at the Garrison. It was already packed with customers.

"Well well well look who it is". A voice said from behind her. She turned around and smirked. "Hello Michael". Finn stood beside him with a tooth pick hanging out of his mouth. There we're two other men with them that Sofia had yet to meet.

"I'm Isaiah Jesus". One of the men said. He placed his hand out for her to shake, a huge smile was spread across his face. Sofia smiled and gently grabbed his hand. "Sofia Changretta". She turned her head to look at the other man.

"Bonnie Gold". He said.

She smiled and looked at Michael. "What are you doing around here then?" He asked. She placed her hand on her hip and answered. "Having a little tour around Birmingham that's all. I want this trip to be remember full". She smirked at him and watched as Tony jogged over.

"It was nice meeting you boys". She said and she turned around. "We're having drinks at the Garrison tonight around seven if you'd like to join us". Isaiah said.

She stopped in her tracks and turned her head slightly. "I might". She said. She smirked and hooked arms with Tony once more. "See you boys around". She shouted as they both walked off.