11

Sofia walked down the cobbled streets of Small Heath towards the boxing club. She pulled her coat closer to her as the air was cold.

She smiled as she saw Michael standing outside with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. He was currently talking to Isaiah. Neither of them had noticed her yet.

"How many of those do you smoke in a day?" She asked as she stood close beside him. He turned his head and gave her a once over. He smirked and answered. "Not enough". She snorted and looked at Isaiah.

"Hello". She said smiling softly. He smiled back and said. "Hey Sofia". She turned her head and looked at Michael.

"You look nice". He said.

She smiled and grabbed his cigarette from his hand. She took a drag and handed it back to him. "So do you". She said.

He threw the cigarette to the ground and grabbed her hand. "Let's go". They walked up to the entrance where there was a large queue. They where of course the first ones inside.

Tommy was standing beside Aberama Gold. He raised his eyebrow as he watched his cousin walk in hand in hand with Sofia.

Polly was sitting beside Arthur, Linda and Finn as she watched her son walk in with the brunette. "Why did he bring her then ey'?" Arthur asked. Linda rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I think they look good together". Arthur shot his wife a glare. Polly watched as the duo made there way to a bar. She smiled as she watched her son raise his hand as Sofia was going to buy the drinks. She knew her son was a true gentleman.

"So what do you think?" He asked. Sofia smiled and looked around the place. "It's nice, I've never been to a boxing match before". He raised his eyebrow and slowly drank his drink.

"Your in for a treat". He said. She smirked and followed him to there seats.

"Hey mom". He said kissing his mother on the forehead. Sofia smiled softly at Polly and looked up at the stage.

"Care to explain why the Italian is with you?" Arthur whispered quiet enough for Michael to hear. He rolled his eyes and looked at his older cousin. "It's called hospitality I'm showing her around the place. Maybe you'd know what the word meant if you weren't horrible to her all the time. She's actually really nice when you get to know her". He whispered back.

He turned his back away and looked at Sofia. "You okay?" She asked. He smiled and nodded his head. They both watched as Tommy slowly walked towards the group. He took his seat in the middle of the family. Polly and Arthur either side of him.

"So what's it like, meeting your real family?" She asked quietly. He turned his head from the ring, ignoring the fact that Bonnie was about to fight.

"It's good. Really good actually for once in my life I feel like I'm apart of something. That I actually belong somewhere". He answered. She smiled sadly at him and looked back at the ring.

She gently winced as the boy Bonnie was fighting was knocked to the ground. "We're having celebration drinks at the Garrison after the match if you'd like to join us?" He asked. She looked at him and smiled.

"I don't think your family want me there. They've been giving me the death glare ever since we entered the place". He rolled his eyes and muttered. "Ignore Arthur. Trust me Finn and Isaiah want you there. They both really like you. Tommy would like you there too he'd probably bore you with talking about business".

Sofia let out a small smile and asked. "What about you do you want me there?" Michael looked at her for a moment and swallowed the lump that was in his throat that he never noticed.

"Yeah". He whispered.

Polly side eyed the two of them as they talked. Not once did they pay attention to what was happening in the ring. Polly let out a small smile as she caught Aberama looking at her.

She looked away and looked back at her son. She never really liked the Charlotte girl he was seeing. She looked closely at Sofia as she talked to her son.

She could see the way her eyes would twinkle as she talked to him. Her smile was bright and natural. She hadn't really heard her son laugh in a while. Not since John died.

She smiled sadly knowing that even if they did try and make things work they wouldn't work out. They never do.