44

Sofia walked in with her eyebrow raised. Behind her stood Tony as they walked in the room, the door shutting behind him.

Her eyes drifted around the room. Tommy sat beside Arthur. Beside him were Finn and Isiah. On Tommy's other side sat Lizzie, Polly and Ada.

"Mind if I smoke?" She asked.

Tommy shook his head and watched as she pulled out a cigarette, placing it between her lips.

She sat down across from the Shelby's and crossed her left leg over her right.

"It's great to see you all again". She said softly.

She smiled at the family and turned her eyes back to Tommy. "So what help do you need?" She asked.

Tommy licked his bottom lip and rubbed his hands together. "One of our own was killed. Bonnie Gold. They were killed by a bunch of men called the Billy Boys. We need your help to take them down". He said.

She raised an eyebrow and looked up at Tony.

"The Billy Boys?" She asked.

Tommy nodded his head.

"And who are these Billy Boys?" She asked intrigued.

"They're bad people. They run every man in every coal mine, on every shipyard east of Glasgow. Tie with Belfast, UVF. Protestant razor gang. They also dabble in politics. You know, muscle for fascist rallies". Arthur muttered.

Sophia raised her eyebrows and flicked the ash from her cigarettes.

"And how would you like me to help you? There must be something bigger than a razor gang from Scotland. And if politics is involved it's bigger". She said.

Tommy nodded and licked his bottom lip. "Have you heard of a man called Oswald Mosley?". He asked.

Sophia looked up at Tony and licked her bottom lip.

"I have. I've met him in fact. He's been to America a few times". She answered.

"Do you have close ties with the man?" Tommy asked.

Sophia scoffed and shook her head. "Of course not. The man is vile. He preaches for everything I go against". She answered.

Sophia smiled and leaned forward. "Let me guess. You want to take down Mosley?" She asked.

Tommy nodded his head swiftly.

Sophia smirked and leant back in her seat. "And you need my help because?" She asked.

"Because you've got bigger power than him. You help run half of New York. You have connections and I know you have connections in the government over here. Help me take down Mosley and everything will work to plan". Tommy answered.

Sophia licked her bottom lip and threw her cigarette bud into the ashtray.

"Alright, I'll help you. And if you like I can gladly help bump of your little Scottish razor gang". She said standing up.

Tommy forced a smile at her and nodded his head. "Thank you, Sofia. We will be in touch". He said.

She nodded her head and smiled. "It really is good seeing you all again. And I'm sorry about your friend". She said softly.

She smiled at the Shelby's one more time and turned around to leave.

Her breath got caught in her throat as the door opened.

Sophia looked up and faced Michael. Beside him stood a blonde-haired girl, with her hand clasped in his.

"Sofia". Michael muttered.