14

Sofia smiled at her husband from across the table as they silently ate there breakfast.

"So you're still going out today then?" he asked. She looked up from her food and nodded her head. He smiled and placed his hand out for her to grab.

Sofia licked her bottom lip and placed her hand in his, immediately regretting her actions.

His hand squeezed her's tight, tears began to prick in her eyes. "Don't try anything stupid whilst your out okay?" he asked. He continued the pressure on her hand.

She nodded her head. "Good girl". He let go and turned his attention to his paper. Sofia looked down at her hand and felt the tears forming in her eyes. "I'm going to get ready". She muttered, excusing herself from the table.

She made her way to there room and shut the door. This was when she really let her walls break down. She collapsed into her seat and let out her tears. She grabbed her Bible that was placed on her vanity table. Her tears staining the pages that had been stained before.

She flicked to the page that she had bookmarked.

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live". She whispered softly to herself.

She closed the book and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her neck had multiple bruises. He had gotten violent during the night and decided to take his anger out on her.

She walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out her dress.

She slipped on the dress and sighed. She grabbed her cream pearls and gently placed them over her head. She sat back down on her stool and pulled on her tights. She grabbed her black heels and strapped them into place.

She grabbed her red lipstick and smeared it on her lips. There was a soft knock on the door that caught her attention.

"Come in". She muttered.

She watched as Tony walked in. His eyes immediately landing on her neck. His face twisted with anger as he began to pace. "I'll kill him". She stood up and shook her head.

"Don't please just leave it, Tony". She pleaded. He scoffed and walked over to her. He lightly grabbed her forearms and whispered. "He's most likely going to kill you before the Shelby's have a chance". She pushed herself away from him and grabbed her fur shawl and casually threw it over one shoulder.

She grabbed her bag and muttered. "We better be of we need to warn them". He sighed and nodded his head. Knowing full well she wasn't going to listen to him.

They soon left the hotel and made there way down the road. Sofia ignored the looks that she received. Ever since they turned up to Birmingham she would receive looks from the people.

She knew it was because of her wealth and clothing, something she didn't have to worry about in New York. It felt weird to her. Having all the attention on her. Everyone's eyes just on her.

Maybe it was because she was always cooped up in her house in America that she didn't really have interactions with others.

She swung open the door to garrison and walked straight to the bar.

"Where can I find the Shelby's?" She asked. Harry looked at her and sighed. "They'll be at there office right now". He looked back down to the glass he was cleaning. Sofia frowned and placed her two hands on the counter.

"And where might that be exactly?" She asked. Harry let out a sigh again and slightly raised his eyebrow. "Just keep walking straight and take a left, trust me you won't miss it". She nodded and turned to walk away.

"I wouldn't get too involved with those Shelby's if I were you love". A man said. Sofia frowned and slowly turned around.

He smiled and placed his glass down the counter. He walked over slowly to her and traced his fingers down her arm. "If you need any help I'm here". She quickly slapped his hand away and muttered.

"I don't need your help at all and it does not love. "It's Mrs Changretta to you". She whipped around quickly and hooked arms with Tony.

He smirked and muttered. "Do you really need my help. I mean you can basically look after your self". Sofia rolled her eyes and dragged him off.

They stood outside the green door. She hesitated for a moment before entering.