39

It had been a week since Sofia returned home. She was currently asleep when she felt a hand grab her shoulder gently.

"Sofia get up and get dressed quickly". Tony said as he gently shook her.

Sofia frowned and looked up at Tony.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Capone is on his way here". He said.

Sofia's eyes widened and as she tore the covers off. She quickly ran towards her wardrobe. She pulled out a dress and gently waved her hand for Tony to leave.

She stripped from her night clothes and changed into her dress.

She quickly pinned her hair back and slipped into some small black heels

She made her way out of her room and made her way down the stairs. The minute she reached the last step, one of her men had opened the front doors.

She clenched her lips together and smoothed our her dress. She clasped her hands in front of her and watched as three men walked in. The one in the middle was medium height. He had a round belly and balding hair.

"Mrs Changretta Si?" He asked.

Sofia walked down the last step and nodded her head.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Capone. Please follow me to the lounge". She said after shaking his hand.

They all walked to the lounge and sat down.

"How are you?". He asked.

She smiled and answered. "I'm much better now thank you. Now should we talk about business?" She asked.

He sat back in his seat and crossed his arms.

"Mind if I smoke?" He asked.

She shook her head and watched as he pulled out a cigar.

"Your mother in law has sent a hitman to kill you. We of course took action the moment we found our. We currently have the man in one of our warehouses chained up. We have also sent a hit on Changretta. She will be taken down of course and anyone that remained loyal to him will be killed. I understand that he had a close group of men but we got the names and they will be sorted. So you my dear, you have nothing to worry about". He said, the smell of the cigar smoke hit Sofia's throat as she inhaled the smoky air.

"Thank you. That does mean a lot to me". She said smiling softly.

He nodded his head and took another drag from his cigar.

"I met one of the Shelby's recently. Michael was his name. I want you to tell me about the Shelby's? Everything you found out about them when you spent some time in England". He asked.

Sofia sat straight and answered. "There whole set up is close to ours. I mean Thomas Shelby is the leader of the family, he's the boss. He makes all the decisions. He likes to be seen and heard instead of hidden. He wants people to hear his name. His older brother Arthur is his under boss. His second hand man. I felt sometimes there was a power struggle between the two men. Arthur wanted to be in charge but he knows that can't happen since Thomas is".

She smiled softly as Isabella bought in a tray of drinks. Sofia grabbed her drink and nodded her thanks to the older lady.

"Polly their aunt she kind of like his Consigliere, although she does get involved with the family business a lot. The youngest Shelby boy is Finn. He runs his own little group within the Peaky Blinders. There all young like him, they mainly to small crimes not major like the older members. Ada the only girl lives here in New York. She's the Head of Acquisitions over here. Then there's Michael, Polly's son but you've already met him. And then like any crime organisation they have there soldiers. The men that fight for them".

Capone nodded and asked. "Which one of the Shelby's killed Luca?"

"Arthur". She answered.

"Do you trust this family?" He asked.

Sofia looked at him for a moment before answering. "I trust them with my life".

He nodded his head and raised his eyebrow slightly.

"Enough about them. I've come over to discuss New York to you". He said.

She nodded her head and knocked back the rest of her drink.

"You understand that I run everything in Chicago right?" He asked.

She nodded her head, remaining eye contact with him.

"You also know that I run New York. I have decided that we will work together. I'll take half of New York and you can take the other half. It's only up to you". He said.

Sofia took a deep breath and looked at the photo of herself and her family sitting on the desk.

"Deal.

He nodded his head and pulled a check out of his pocket.

"Okay you will be dealing with operations in Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island. Each week you will receive a pay check. You deserve much more in life with everything you've been through. Your free from that bastard now. If anyone bothers you in anyway Sofia don't hesitate to call. We're partners now". He stood up and shook her hand.

Sofia sighed and sat back. She looked at the cigar in the ashtray as the smoke gently swirled.

She sighed and sat back her eyes slowly shutting.