38

Sofia smiled widely as she shut her eyes.

The warm sun of the American heat belted down on her face.

"You happy to be home?" Tony asked gently.

She smiled and let out a small sigh. "I am. But apart of me misses Birmingham. I don't know what it is but the streets aren't the same. The people. The atmosphere". She sighed again and turned to look at Tony.

She smiled sadly and looked at her country home.

"You think we will be safe here?" She asked.

Tony smiled and nodded his head. "You will. I've sent a few men to arrange a meeting with Capone. You of course will have to talk to him about the fact that the Shelby's helped you with Luca's death and that the business over here is now officially his".

Sofia nodded and knelt down as a large dog came bounding towards her.

"Mi sei mancato (I've missed you)". She whispered.

She looked up and her smiled widened as a frail old lady walked out. She wasn't a relation to Sofia but she classed her as a mother figure.

"Sono felice che la tua casa sia cara. Com'era il viaggio? (I'm happy your home dear. How was the journey?)" Isabella asked.

Sofia smiled and grabbed her hand taking her into the house.

They sat down and talked about her time in England.

Isabella sighed softly and gently placed her hand on  Sofia's face.

"Your free from him now. Go up to bed and rest". She said softly.

Sofia nodded and gently kissed Isabella's head.

For the first night in a long time Sofia went to bed as a free woman. Something she hadn't done for a very long time .