20

Sofia sat down and gently licked her bottom lip. She was currently sitting down reading. She looked up as the doors opened.

"What happened the other day?" she asked. Lorenzo walked in and looked down. "I'm sorry Sofia, I really am". She stood up and frowned.

"It's okay. Where's the note now?" She asked. He looked down and answered. "You have to understand Sofia, I never wanted this to happen". She frowned as she watched Luca walk in behind him. A few more men followed. Tony included.

"Sofia". Luca said. She looked at her husband and gulped.

"Now I'm going to give you a chance to explain yourself before I decide what I'm going to do". He muttered. She stood there and looked around. Her eyes catching Lorenzo's.

"I was trying to help". She said. Luca raised his eyebrow. "By what? Helping the Shelby's. TIPPING THEM OFF THAT I WAS COMING?" He screamed.

She jumped and walked backwards, her back hitting the end of the bed. "I was trying to throw the Shelby's of their game. If they believed that I was going to help them, gain there trust then maybe they'd let me know there plans. I didn't tell you because I knew you would stop me. I wanted to help you win".

He stood there for a moment and muttered. "Tutti fuori adesso (everyone out now)".

They all left leaving the husband and wife alone.

He walked towards her and slapped her hard across the face. The impact causing her to fall to the ground.

He knelt down beside her and grabbed her by the hair. "Now I'm going to give you a chance il mio amore (my love). Are you lying to me or are you telling me the truth". He spat.

She let the sobs escape from her mouth. "I promise you Luca. I want them dead as much as you do. I'm trying to help". She cried.

He let her hair go and a smirk formed on his face. He grabbed her face and forced her to look at him.

Her eyes where clenched shut and her cheek was bright red.

"Open your eyes". He said. She opened her eyes immediately.

"Now stop crying my love. I'm proud of you". He whispered. He pulled her up and pulled her into a hug. "I'm very proud of you but I wished you told me".

He gently stroked her hair and rocked her. "Now what I want you to do is go down to Small Health and just act like your on their side". He pulled away and said. "Wear your best blue dress". He stood up and walked to the wardrobe and pulled out her blue dress.

"Get dressed". He muttered as he left.

Sofia sat on the ground and pulled her knees into her chest. She let her tears spill as the pain in the side of her face grew.

She eventually stood up and peeled off her dress. She pulled the blue dress over her under garments and slipped on a pair of black heels. She tied her hair into a bun and pinned it back.

She clipped her earring into her ears and sat down

She clipped her earring into her ears and sat down. She grabbed a dark red lipstick and placed it on her lips. She looked at her reflection and gulped.

There was a knock on the door that grabbed her attention.

Tony walked in and his eyes burnt with anger as he looked at her cheek. "How did he find it?" She asked.

He sighed and answered. "Lorenzo accidentally left it out. Are you okay?" She looked up at him and nodded. "I'm ready to go". She muttered.

He nodded and watched as she walked out the room.

Luca smiled and said. "There's my beautiful wife. Isn't she beautiful boys". All the men looked up and nodded there heads. "Now get out of here. Go to there pub the Garrison, that's where they hang out". She nodded her head and walked out, her bag tucked under her arm.

She stormed out of the hotel and walked down the road. She felt the tears forming in her eyes. It was around 1800 hours. It was getting dark. The fog from the factories where getting stronger. The ash fell like snow.

She walked down the road towards the Garrison and stopped.

"Michael". She called out. She watched as he stumbled down the road.

He turned around, his eyes blazing. There was white powder on his black waistcoat.

"What the fuck do you want". He spat. She walked closer to him, the street lights illuminating her face.

He frowned slightly as he saw the red mark on her face and her stale tears that had stained her face.

"Are you high?" She asked placing her hands on his chest. She wiped away the cocaine. He placed his hands on her arms and asked quietly. "What happened?" She shook her head and answered. "We need to get you somewhere to try and sober you up".

He shook his head and shook her, his voice raising. "I said what the fuck happened to you?" She looked up at him, fear in her eyes.

Arthur frowned as he walked down the street with a few of this men. "Michael". He said walking towards them. He placed his hand on his shoulder and whispered. "Let her go".

Michael shook his head and muttered. "I'm not going to ask again Sofia. WHAT HAPPENED?" She let out a cry and she backed away.

Polly was making her way to the Garrison with Linda as she saw the altercation. She rushed over to them and grabbed Sofia. "Michael don't shout at her. Can't you see your frightening her". She shouted.

Sofia looked up at Michael and answered. "He's found out that I was helping you". Arthur frowned and asked. "How?"

She looked over towards him and answered. "I was sending a note, to warn you that he was visiting. It never got to you and he found the note. I had to convince him that I was on his side, that I want you all dead". She let the tears fall once again as she clung onto Polly.

"If he really finds out that I'm helping he will kill me". She cried.

"I'm going to bring you back to mine love okay". Polly said. She turned to Michael and said. "Don't come home until you've sobered up". Michael frowned as he watched his mother walk off with an emotional Sofia.

"Why do you care about her so much?" Arthur asked. Michael shook his head and watched as they turned a corner.

"I have no idea". He answered.