21

Sofia sat there in silence as she watched Polly. She was soon greeted with a hot cup of tea.

"Thank you". She whispered as she grabbed the mug.

Polly sat down on the seat opposite her. "About the other night". Polly said. Sofia shook her head and said. "Don't worry my lips are sealed". Polly leant forwards and said. "Tommy already knows. It was his idea".

Sofia frowned. "But thank you for thinking of my family". Polly whispered. Sofia nodded and looked down at her drink.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you. But you don't have to worry. He will soon be taken care of". Sofia nodded and looked around the living room.

"You have a beautiful home Mrs Gray". She whispered. Polly smiled and said. "Thank you. And I've already told you. It's Polly. Anyway, I bet it isn't half as nice as your home in America".

Sofia smiled sadly and took a sip of her tea. "It's not really a home. Yes, it's massive but I don't want that. I'd be happy in a smaller home. With someone that loved me". Polly smiled sadly at the girl and asked. "How old are you my love?" Sofia looked up and answered.

"I'm 20". Polly nodded and said. "A year younger then my Michael. Look when your free you will meet someone who loves you for you. You'll get married, have children and have a beautiful home. Never give up". Sofia smiled and nodded.

"So what about you?" She asked. Polly frowned and sat back in her seat. "What about me?" She answered.

Sofia smirked and said. "I saw you that day in the Garrison. You weren't just reading a book in the private room. You had a guest". Polly smiled and her cheeks went a bright red.

"Oh so I'm correct. You do have a man". Sofia said laughing. Polly shook her head and replied. "It's complicated. The boys, well the boys wouldn't understand".

Sofia raised her eyebrow and said. "It doesn't matter what they think Polly. As long as your happy. That's all that counts. Now what's his name?" Polly smiled and looked down at her hands.

"His name Is Aberama Gold". She answered. Sofia raised her eyebrow and asked. "As in Bonnie's father?" Polly nodded and sipped her tea.

Sofia let out a small laugh and said. "Well good on you". Polly rolled her eyes.

"Does he make you happy?" She asked after a few minutes of silence.

Polly looked up and smiled slightly. "He does". She answered. "He's made me see the world differently. Just being with him makes me feel like I'm young again. I truly do believe I love him. And I hope he loves me too".

Sofia smiled and looked down at her hands. "What's it like?" She asked. Polly frowned, unsure of what she was asking. "Being loved?" Sofia asked.

Polly sighed and leant forwards. "You'll understand one day Sofia. Just because he doesn't show you love doesn't mean the next man in your life won't". Sofia smiled sadly and nodded.

They both looked up as the living room door opened.

"Arthur said I would find you here". Tommy said. Sofia looked up with him and said. "Tommy I want to say I'm sorry. For the other day. The things he said wasn't right. And you never deserved it". Tommy shook his head and knelt beside her.

He gently placed his hand under her chin and turned her head to the side. "Did he do this to you?" He asked. His eyes lingered on the bruises on her neck. She nodded her head.

Tommy stood up and shook his head. "Sofia love look at me". He said. She looked up. "I will make him pay for what he has done to you". She smiled sadly and whispered. "Thank you". He nodded and placed out his hand.

"Come on, we're all having drinks at the Garrison. I think we all deserve a night of don't you Pol". Polly stood up and smiled. "Not really under the circumstances, but I guess one night won't hurt". Tommy nodded and lead the two women out of the house.

"I'll place protection on you to Sofia. I'll have some men follow you to make sure your safe". She smiled at Tommy and squeezed his hand tighter.

They walked into the Garrison and like usual it went quiet. The men tipped there hats and soon went back to there conversations.

They entered the private room. Michael sat there with his eyes boring into his whisky glass. Finn, Isiah and Arthur sat around him, there laughter was loud.

"Here she is". Arthur said smiling at Sofia. He stood up and allowed her to sit down. She was in between Arthur and Michael. "You okay now?" Arthur asked. She smiled softly and nodded her head.

He smiled and continued his story.

Sofia turned her head to look at Michael. "Can we talk?" She asked. He finally tore his eyes from his glass to look at her. He nodded his head slightly.

"I want to apologise for the other day. I didn't mean to offend you. It's just, at times Michael you show that your not right for this job. Your to nice and innocent. But then at other times you show how great you are. What I'm saying is. I don't want you getting hurt". She whispered.

Michael looked at her and he let out a sigh. His jaw tightened and he turned to look at his glass. "I fucking hate him". He muttered.

Sofia frowned slightly. "For what he did to John and my family. But now I hate him even more, seeing what he's doing to you". Michael shook his head and knocked back his drink.

"I promise you Sofia. After he is dead, you will be free". Sofia smiled sadly at Michael. He gently rubbed her cheek.

Polly looked over at the two and frowned. She knew the look on their faces. She could see it the first time Michael met Sofia. She knew that he was falling for her.

She saw it with Arthur and Linda. She also saw it with Tommy and Grace.

She sighed sadly as she knew they wouldn't work. As soon as Luca's dead and they find out Sofia has a part of it, she was going to be a dead woman. Deep down she knew that Sofia knew it herself.