58

Sofia rubbed her eyes and turned her head. She could see the sun bursting through the curtains. She turned her head to the side and looked at Tommy. He was awake. He was currently looking up at the ceiling, his eyes vacant.

She turned around and gently placed her hand on his shoulder. He turned his head slowly, his eyes finding hers.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

He licked his bottom lip and turned so he was facing her, his large hand grabbing her own. He frowned as he looked at the hands.

"I'm fine". He answered.

Sofia gently rubbed her thumb against his hand. "Your not though are you Thomas? Do you want to speak about what was going through your head last night?" She asked.

He shook his head and let go of her hand. He sat up and placed his two feet on the ground. His head was in his hands as he let out a loud sigh.

Sofia sighed softly and knelt on the bed. She gently placed her hands on his shoulders and gently massaged them.

"Tommy". She whispered, her mouth was close to his ear.

Tommy reached up and grabbed her hand. He pried it away as he went to stand up. Sofia was quicker as she grabbed his hand, pulling him down on the bed.

He looked up at the ceiling as he lay there, his eyes holding a wave of fiery anger.

"I'm not letting you leave here, until I know you're okay". She said softly.

He looked up at her and gently brought his hand to her face. He gently caressed her cheek as he let out a sigh. "I'm fine Sofia. Last night was a....last night I needed someone and I'm very thankful you where there". He said honestly.

She smiled when she was happy with his answer. She ducked down to give him a kiss on the cheek but he brought his lips upwards, finding her own.

She frowned slightly for a moment, her small fist-clenching his pyjama shirt.

Tommy sat up as he wrapped his arm around Sofia's waist. He deepened the kiss as he gently moved her hair from her face. He pulled away and stood up. "I've got to go. Can you meet me and the family for a meeting at 4 pm at the Garrison?" He asked.

Sofia sat on the bed and nodded her head. She watched as Tommy grabbed his now dry clothes as he left.

Sofia let out a sigh as she fell back on the bed, her hand running through her hair. She licked her bottom lip and rubbed her face.

She had no idea what it was with these Shelby men, but they were something else.