10

"So tell me a bit about yourself Mr Gray". Sofia said smiling.

Michael let out a small sigh and licked his bottom lip. "Well my father died when I was really young, I don't even remember him. I also had a sister called Anna, but she unfortunately died. I was taken from my mom when I was five years old. I lived with this foster family called the Johnson's. They where really nice. I met Tommy when I was seventeen. He told me about my real mother and where I could find her. I came to Small Heath and since then I haven't regretted a single part of moving here. I'm the chief accountant for the business. The only bad thing that has really happened is witnessing John getting killed and nearly dying. There was also something else, with a priest but I can't go into that, not now".

Sofia frowned and grabbed Michaels hand. "I'm so sorry for everything that has happened to you Michael. But looking at you now, I can see the strong man that you are". He let out a small smile.

His eyes snapped to the door as it opened. "Oh there you are Michael". A girl said. He sighed and muttered. "Hey Charlotte". He stood up and walked over to her. "Who's she?" She asked, glaring at Sofia.

"She's just a business partner that's all". He said. Charlotte looked Sofia up and down. She pushed past Michael and sat down. "Well your clearly not talking business, the others aren't here". Michael sighed and sat back down. This time there was a large gap between Sofia and himself.

"So you won't mind me joining you will you baby?" She asked. Sofia raised her eyebrow and took a sip of her drink. "I'm Michael's girlfriend by the way". Charlotte said looking over at Sofia.

Sofia nodded and turned her head to Michael. "I can leave if you like". He shook his head and said. "No it's fine".

Charlotte tapped her nails on the table and said. "Are we still set on for Tuesday?" She asked. Michael nodded his head. Charlotte turned and looked at Sofia. "Has he told you what's happening in three days?" She asked.

Sofia shook her head. "Good it's none of your business anyway". Charlotte muttered. Sofia sighed and said. "I wasn't even going to ask Charlotte and I don't care".

Charlotte gasped and looked at Michael. "Are you going to let her speak to me like that?" She asked. When he didn't answer she stood up. "Fine be like that. Do not and I mean it do not be late on Tuesday Michael". And with that she slammed the door.

Sofia turned her head to look at Michael. He shook his head and leant it back against the wall. A huge puff of smoke escaped his mouth. "She seems nice". Sofia muttered.

Michael let out a snort and slowly he turned his head to look at her. "She's not trust me. We're not even dating but she has it in her head we are". Sofia turned in her seat and placed her head on the wall.

"She sounds fun". Michael smirked and closed his eyes. "She's annoying that's what she is. It was a mistake. I was on to much cocaine at the time and she was just there". Sofia smiled sadly and raised her hand.

She softly stroked his face and muttered. "Come Tuesday it sounds like you'll never see her again. So just forget about her. And forget about using cocaine it will rot your brain Michael". He opened his eyes and frowned slightly.

He raised his hand and softly grabbed her own. "Why is something so beautiful and precious like you married to a monster like that?" He asked. She smiled sadly and answered. "It's because I was young and stupid. I thought I'd have this fairytale marriage that I read in books but it wasn't". Michael sighed and gently moved a piece of hair from her face.

"Well when he does die your free". He muttered. She smiled and whispered. "I can't wait for that day". He sat and poured them another drink each.

"Want to come to Bonnie's match with me tomorrow?" He asked. She smiled and nodded her head softly.

"Yeah I'd love that". She answered.