31

Tommy gently took a drag from his cigarette as he looked around. The stage had been set for the boxing match between Bonnie Gold and Goliath. He knew that tonight he would have to keep his wits about him.

He was sitting down in the locker rooms. Just completing things over in his head.

He raised his eyebrow as he heard shuffling. "You might as well show your face". He muttered.

He looked to be faced with Alfie Solomons. "Yeah you're like me Tommy". He muttered.

"You can't bare watch a fight that's not ruled". Tommy sat back and licked his bottom lip. He watched as Alfie slowly sat down, his walking stick helping him.

"Imagine". He said waving his hand. He continued. "Imagine, that you could not see. At all, your all blind. Then one day you can open up your eyes and you can see everything in the world".

Tommy just sat there and watched him as he talked. "You can get up and leave. Touching and smelling". He looked at Tommy and pointed his finger. "There it is. Revelation. I've had one". He muttered.

Tommy sat there frowning. "I need to buy myself some more time". Alfie muttered.

Tommy licked his bottom lip and looked back up at Alfie. "You're moving to Margate?" Tommy asked. Alfie nodded and said. "I am actually yes. I need to get myself some rest. I need some rest. Plus the Americans are here now aren't they".

He turned his head and looked at Tommy. "It's been that way ever since the war, innit. The Americans". Tommy sat there emotionless. "Big, fucks small, always, actually". Alfie stood up and walked away. "I don't know if you've been warned or not Tommy but watch your back. There are plenty of angry Italians around tonight who are out for revenge". Tommy's jaw tightened as he looked down at his shoes. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of the fight happening upstairs and the click of Alfie's stick.

Tommy stood up and kicked the bench that was beside him. He shook his head and watched as Arthur walked in. "The fight is about to start". He muttered. Tommy nodded and followed him up the stairs.

He was battling with himself whether he should tell Arthur about Alfie. He decided not to as he knew Arthur would be mad.

"Where's Linda tonight?" Tommy asked as they stood side by side at ringside. Arthur sighed and answered. With Pol. Did you know are Ada got in this morning?" He asked.

Tommy nodded and answered. "I got someone to bring her over". Arthur frowned and asked. "Why? It's dangerous she was fine in New York". Tommy looked at him and raised his eyebrow. "Are you forgetting who currently runs New York".

Arthur nodded and said. "So, Capone is taking over soon". Tommy rolled his eyes and answered. "He may be taking over but he hasn't yet. Changretta already knows that we have a sister, if he found out she lived in the same place he did he'd happily kill her to get at us. She's safer here then over there". Arthur sighed, knowing his younger brother was right.

"There discussing Lizzie's pregnancy anyway". He muttered. Tommy sighed and nodded.

They both stopped talking as the match started.

Tommy wasn't watching the match, he kept his eyes on everyone in the room. He already spotted a few of Luca's men. "Look at his seconds Tommy" Arthur muttered.

Tommy frowned and asked. "Who's?" Arthur frowned and pointed towards Goliath.

"Arthur to your right a man has just left. He's one of Luca's high men". Arthur nodded and followed. He stayed close behind him, his eyes not leaving the man. He fastened his cap on his head and turned the corner. It all went black for Arthur as he was hit in the face.

Three men had jumped him as they attacked him. "Questo è per Angel e Vincente (This is for Angel and Vincente)" One of them muttered as the kicked Arthur in the face.

A group of Peaky Blinder men where leaving the arena as they saw the commotion. "Hey". One of them shouted. The three men looked up and quickly ran off, leaving a badly bruised Arthur on the ground.

Tommy stood there and looked at his watch. He looked up as a young boy came in. "TOMMY SHELBY". He shouted. The whole arena went quiet. "It's Arthur, he's dead". Tommy frowned and looked around.

He saw majority of the crowds standing up, smirks on there faces. He knew that they where Luca's men, and they where going straight back to there boss to tell them the news of Arthur's death.