53

Sofia raised her eyebrow as she walked into the Garrison. She received a call from the youngest Shelby to see if Arthur was okay. She looked around the bar, peoples eyes on her. She walked up to the bar and sighed.

"Where is he?" She asked.

She heard a loud crashing sound coming from the private room. She nodded and walked in. She sighed and leant against the door as Arthur threw a chair at the wall. His face, bright red with anger.

"Arthur". She said softly.

He shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. She closed the door and stepped inside. "Arthur". She said softly. She grabbed ahold of him and turned him to look at her.

Her five foot five figure was no match to his six-foot-something height. She looked up at him and gently rubbed his arm.

"Calm down before you hurt yourself". She said softly.

He shook his head and pushed her away. He kicked the door in frustration, tears forming in his eyes. He placed his hands on top of his head and cried.

Sofia sighed and wrapped her arms around his waist, her head on his chest.

Arthur frowned and looked down at her, his hands where still on top of his head. "I'm not letting go until you calm down Arthur". She whispered.

They stood there for a few minutes, until Arthur finally dropped his hands from his head. He wrapped them around Sofia and cried even more. She rubbed his back gently, comforting him in silence.

She turned her head as Tommy, Polly, Michael and Gina walked in.

"Well done Arthur. You managed to only trash this room instead of the whole bar". Michael said as he sat down.

"Shut up". Arthur growled. He let go of Sofia and walked towards Michael.

"Why? You going to get angry again?" Michael asked, getting right into Arthur's face.

Sofia got in-between the two men, her hands on Michael's chest as she pushed him away.

"Be quiet". Sofia snapped. Her eyes locked with Michael's.

"Don't tell my husband what to do". Gina snapped, her hand on Michael's shoulder. Sofia scoffed and turned to look at Gina. "You can shut up too". She snapped.

Sofia turned and led Arthur towards his seat. She sat him down and smiled softly at him, gently moving a strand of his hair from his face.She sat down beside Arthur and grabbed his hand. She sighed softly and looked up at him. "You okay?" She asked.

He looked down at the ground, his eyes bleak. He nodded slightly.

Sofia stood up and grabbed the bottle of whisky. She pulled out a handkerchief and gently started to clean his bloody hand.

"I've asked you all here because we're having a meeting here tomorrow, 11 am sharp". Tommy muttered. He gently rubbed Arthur's back.

"Whilst we're all here Tommy, I need to tell you something". Michael said. Beside him was Gina, who smiled and nodded at her husband.

"It can wait till tomorrow Michael, at the meeting". Tommy said as he knocked on the hatch. He muttered his order and sat down.

"No, it really can't Tommy". Michael said.

Sofia raised her eyebrow at Michael and shook her head. She turned back to Arthur and smiled softly at him.

"Michael". Polly said. She walked towards him and whispered something in his ear.

The door opened to reveal the barman bringing in a tray of glasses and a bottle of whisky.

"There we go all clean". Sofia whispered softly to Arthur. She gently placed her hand on his knee and squeezed it. He forced a smile and grabbed her hand.

Michael looked at his cousin and Sofia and frowned. He didn't know why he was getting so mad, with them holding hands, but he was. He was really angry.