50

Sofia looked down at the invitation that was in her hand. She pouted her lips and looked up at Tony. "Everything okay?" He asked.

She nodded her head and threw the invitation down on the table. "Mr Shelby has invited the two of us to his wife's birthday party. It will be ballet". She answered.

She sat down and crossed her leg. Her fingernails tapping the table. "Mr Capone sent a reply to your letter" he said as he handed her a envelope.

She sighed and ripped it open. Her eyes scanning the letter. She sighed and threw it beside the invitation. She pulled out a cigarette and started to smoke it.

"Is everything okay Sofia, your worrying me". Tony said kneeling in front of her.

"Do you think everything happens for a reason? I mean I must of done something really bad to have what's happened to me". She answered, a frown on her face. It was like she really wasn't talking to Tony, it was like she was asking herself the question.

"What do you mean? You've done nothing wrong". He muttered.

"Maybe if I was a better wife to Luca he wouldn't of turned out the way he did". She said.

Tony shook his head. "No Sofia, don't talk like that. Luca, he....he was born a different type of evil. He was horrible Sofia, no matter how you treated him wouldn't of changed him". He said.

"He was my husband Tony and I got him killed. He literally was my first love and I betrayed him". She muttered.

Tony sighed and shook his head. "Sofia, it's been three years since he's died. He can't control you anymore. Your allowed to live your life now. He controlled you so much, but he's gone and he won't hurt you ever again". He said softly.

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Go have a bath and just relax okay. And tonight we will have a good night". Tony whispered.

She nodded and stood up. She sighed and moved towards the bathroom. She shut the door and pressed her back against the door.

She peeled off her dress and moved towards the large mirror. She trailed her fingers across the scars on her body. A tear trailed down her cheek as she thought of all the memories of Luca, of every hit she ever received.

She ran her bath and let out a loud sigh. She slipped into the bath and looked up at the ceiling. Her fists clenched as she sank into the bath deeper.

She shut her eyes and lay there. Thoughts running through her mind. She thought about Michael, the kiss they shared. The fact that he was married and he was going to be a father.

She sat up in the bath and burst into tears. She held her body as she cried.

She sat in the bath, the water cold. She got out of the bath and wrapped her towel around her body.

She went back into her room and sat back down on her bed. She sighed and licked her bottom lip.

She looked up at the dress hanging up. She took a deep breath and stood up. She dried her body and let the towel drop. She pulled on her undergarments and sighed.

She slipped the dress on her body and looked at her reflection.

Sofia's dress

She took a deep breath and sat down

She took a deep breath and sat down. She ran a brush through her hair. When she was satisfied with her hair she moved on to her makeup. She put a dark, red lipstick over her lips.

She stood up and slipped on a pair of silver heels. She looked at her reflection and sighed.

Sofia's hair and makeup

She turned her head as Tony walked in the door

She turned her head as Tony walked in the door. "You look lovely". He said, a smile on his face. She smiled at him and looked back at her reflection.

She grabbed her white, fluffy shawl and wrapped it around her body. "Let's get this done with. I need a drink". She muttered.

Her eyes drifted to the letter Capone sent her. She licked her bottom lip and grabbed her bag. "You ready?" Tony asked.

She smiled and nodded her head.