32

Sofia was sitting down reading as the door opened. Luca walked in with his men. Huge smiles spread across there faces. "What's happened?" She asked. She closed her book and looked back up to her husband.

He smiled and gently grabbed her face. "Arthur Shelby is dead". He muttered. A bigger smile spreading on his face as he said those words. Sofia smiled and pulled her husband into a hug.

Inside she wasn't smiling. She pulled away and asked. "What happened?" One of the men that had targeted Arthur walked forwards. "He just lay there and let it happen to him". She nodded and looked up at her husband.

"I'll be back I need to make an important phone call". Luca said. He made his way into their shared bedroom.

Sofia sat there and looked down at her hands. "I think this is the right time for a celebration drink don't you". Someone said. She smiled and turned her head.

Her heart ached. She had gotten it wrong. She will fully allowed Arthur to die.

She watched as her husband strolled out of his room. "I want you to go to the Shelby's and pass on this letter". Luca said to his wife. He handed her a folded letter. She nodded and stood up.

"Oh and tell me how pathetic and sad they look to". He said smirking as he sat down, a glass of whisky in his hand. She nodded and walked out of the room.

She made her way towards Small Heath. It was unusually quiet. She took a deep breath and made her way to the Shelby household.

She licked her bottom lip and knocked on the door. Her breath became hitched as a the door opened. A red eyed Ada opened the door.

She raised her eyebrow and asked. "Who are you?" Sofia answered softly. "Sofia". Ada looked the girl up and down and moved out of her way.

"So your the one that's been helping my family then". She muttered as she shut the front door. Sofia turned her head and nodded. Ada gently pushed past Sofia and entered the sitting room.

Sofia walked in close behind her. "I want to say I'm sorry. I didn't know it was Arthur he was planning on killing. If I hadn't been so stupid then maybe he would still be alive". She burst out, tears soon following.

The Shelby's all looked at each other in shock.

"I didn't know you like me that much". Arthur said from behind her. She jumped and turned around her eyes widening.

She rushed forwards and wrapped her arms around his waist. Arthur winced and gently pushed Sofia away. "Sorry". She muttered. He smiled and shook his head.

"He wants me to give you this letter". Sofia muttered handing Tommy the folded note. Tommy flicked the letter open and frowned. His jaw twitching.

"What is it Tommy?" Polly asked. He looked up and handed his aunt the letter. She opened the
letter and read out loud. "This is only the beginning. I don't understand this bit". She said handing Sofia the letter.

Sofia grabbed the bottom and said. "Dai al diavolo il dovuto". She looked up at Tommy and frowned. "What does it mean?" Arthur asked. He placed his hand on her shoulder, giving her time to answer. "It means, 'give the devil his due'".

Polly stood there and looked around at her family. "He's going to try and take everything from you Tommy". She muttered. He bit his lip and clenched his fists.

"I have a plan". He muttered.