41

Sofia looked down at the paper in shock and disgust.

"The Saint Valentine's Massacre"

"The Saint Valentine's Massacre". She muttered reading the articles. She gently tapped her foot as she read the news, her brow slightly furrowed.

Around her sat her men. They where all looking at each other nervous of what to say.

She scrunched up the paper and flung it across the room. She let out a scream in frustration and kicked a chair.

"Get me on the phone to Capone now". Sofia seethed.

Tony nodded his head immediately and rushed towards the phone.

Sofia paced around the room, her fingers tangled in her hair as she desperately rubbed her scalp with her finger tips.

"Sofia". Tony said softly holding out the phone.

She made her way over to the phone and grabbed it out of Tony's hand. She waved her hand for everyone to leave.

"Ahhhh Sofia my dear how are you?" Capone said. She heard a loud inhale and she knew he was smoking his cigar.

"Seven people. Are you stupid?" She asked.

It went silent for a moment before he spoke. "Am I stupid. Are you stupid? You know the FBI are hot on my heels and if they track this call and hear you saying that I'm in deep trouble". He muttered.

Sofia rolled her eyes and argued. "I don't care if there listening. Because of your stupid actions not only are 7 men dead you have also fucked up my men. What if they caught they will be arrested? That's two of my best men gone".

Capone sighed down the phone and tried desperately to reason with the angry Italian. "Listen Sofia...". He was cut of by her shouting. "No you listen. From now on any business that you have use your men. Don't come around here asking for my men. Okay?"

He sighed before agreeing.

She shook her head and knocked back her whisky before asking. "Why the hell is Moran still alive. I thought you had it sorted?"

Capon sighed. "The men got some of his men confused for him so they just shot them. Look I'm not going to talk about this down the phone I'm coming over soon so we can talk then. I've been hearing about the fact that there's been a fucking stock market crisis in New York is that true?" He asked.

Sofia sat down in her seat and gently spun around. "It is. The government are talking about it. It doesn't look good. It's not only the stock market. The banks are failing which isn't good. And also are bonds with Europe too is in crisis".

Capone let out a sight before muttering something to one of his men.

"Look I'll be down at the end of the week to talk". Was all he said before hanging up.

Sofia shook her head and stood up.

She opened the door and stepped out.

"Tony get a car around I want to go for a walk". She said.

Tony nodded and hit one of the men on his arm. "Get a car around quick". The man quickly scurried off.

Sofia stood and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. The fight she had with Michael was still fresh in her mind.

"The cars here". Tony said softly.

She nodded and turned around. "Right Joe, your In charge whilst me and Tony are out okay?". She said.

Joe nodded his head and watched as his boss walked out the door.

Tony was hot at her heels.

"What happened then?" He asked.

She sighed and climbed into the car. Her hands clasped gently together. She dove into the story straight away about what happened.

Tony shook his head and scoffed. "That's just ridiculous". Sofia nodded and frowned as the sound of the news reporter on the radio was low.

"Turn that up". She said.

The man nodded and cranked the radio up.

"I just got news folks that we are crashing. Wall Street has crashed". He said.

Sofia looked at Tony and muttered. "This is so not good".