30

Sofia rushed out of the Garrison. "Which way did Michael Gray go? She asked. The group of men outside all pointed left. She nodded her thanks and quickly rushed down the road.

"Wait". Someone shouted out. She turned her head to see Lizzie Stark walking her way. "What's wrong with Michael he looks really mad? She asked. Sofia shook her head and lied. "I have no idea, I'm trying to find him to see what's wrong". Lizzie smirked and raised her eyebrow.

"What is the deal with you two anyway?" She asked. Sofia frowned and asked. "Excuse me?" Lizzie rolled her eyes and smirked playfully. "I've seen the way he looks at you. And I see the way you look at him. I think your both so blind you don't even see it". It was Sofia's turn to roll her eyes.

"Do you have any idea which was he went?" She asked. Lizzie turned her head and answered. "Check the horse stables. John always went there when he was in a mood". Lizzie's face dropped at the mention of John.

"Thank you". Sofia said. She gave her a small smile and started to walk off. "Wait before you go have you seen Tommy? I have some good news for him". She asked. Sofia turned her head and answered. "The Garrison".

Lizzie smiled and rushed towards the pub.

Sofia sighed and finally made her way towards the stables. She stood in the door way and watched as Michael gently stroked a beautiful black horse.

"Michael". She whispered. He turned his head to look at her, his eyes where all bloodshot.

"Are you okay?" she asked. He let out a small scoff and turned his head to look at the horse once again.

She walked towards him and stood behind him. Her small hand gently pressed on his shoulder. "It's a beautiful horse". She whispered. He nodded and whispered back. "She's named after Tommy's late wife Grace". Sofia frowned and looked back at the horse.

"I'm sorry Michael". She whispered. He frowned and turned around fully to face her. His hands where gently placed on her face. "Look at me Sofia". She looked up with tears in her eyes. "You have nothing to apologise for okay. It's him, he's the one that's to blame not you. If it wasn't for you we wouldn't be one step ahead of him". She nodded and rested her head on his chest.

Michael sighed and gently rubbed her back. "Everything will be okay Sofia, trust me". She nodded her head and wrapped her small arms around his waist.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, standing there in each others arms. They finally pulled away.

Sofia smiled softly at him and looked up into his eyes.

Michael smiled and gently rubbed her cheek. "Let's get back before they send a search party". He muttered. She nodded her head and slid her hand into his.

They walked back in a comfortable silence, just hand in hand.

When they returned to the Garrison they where greeted with Lizzie hugging everyone. "What's happened?" Michael asked.

Lizzie turned around with a massive smile. "I'm pregnant. Tommy is going to be a dad". Sofia smiled and wrapped her arms around Lizzie. "Congratulazioni (congratulations). She whispered.

She pulled away and looked up at Michael. He looked down and smiled gently at her.

"Sofia". Arthur said. She nodded her head and turned to look at him. "What do you remember from the conversation you had with your husband about the upcoming fight?" He asked.

She clenched her lips together for a moment and then answered. "He said that he talked to this Alfie Solomons man. He said that he will let him have the Italian's inside. He didn't really speak to me about it. I kept asking him about it but he'd always change the subject". Tommy nodded and stood up.

"That's okay Sofia". He looked at Arthur, unsure of what to do.

"I better be off but if he says anything more about it I'll send someone to tell you". She said. She smiled sadly at the family before leaving.