28

Sofia looked over at her husband as she watched him laugh. He was telling his men about the incident with Tommy.

She sighed and turned her head. She looked down at her book.

Her eyes skimmed the small words, her concentration lost.

"I think I might start of easy with killings. Maybe Finn, the youngest". Luca said. Sofia's head shot up at his words.

"Yes I've decided, Finn will be the first to die". All his men nodded in agreement.

"Chi è il prossimo dopo il più giovane?" (who's next after the youngest?) one of them asked.

Luca raised his eyebrow and thought for a long moment. "Linda, Arthur's wife. I will also kill Polly. With out her they are nothing. They won't know what to do. It's like loosing their mother all over again". Sofia looked back down at her book, her fingers slightly shaking.

A little knock on the door interrupted everyone's thoughts.

"Come in". Luca said gruffly.

"A note has come for you Mrs Changretta". One of the hotel staff said walking into the room. She looked over at her husband who had a raised eyebrow.

She nodded and grabbed the note. She flicked it open and her eyes scanned it very carefully.

"What does it say?" Luca asked.

Her mouth became dry. She looked up and answered. "It's from Mrs Gray, asking would I like to have a drink at the Garrison ". Luca smirked and asked. "Well are you?"

She knew this was his way. She had to ask for permission from him. "Only if you think it's right". She answered. He smirked and nodded. "Go, and try and find out their plans for me". She nodded and quickly rushed to her room.

She took a deep breath and grabbed her purse. She flinched as the bedroom door opened.

"What will you talk about when your with her?" He asked. He walked behind her, his hand trailing up her arm.

Her eyes caught his in the reflection of the mirror. "I'll tell her how much I hate you and that I want you dead. I'll use a sympathy act to try and gain her trust even more. She may open up and tell me things". Luca raised his eyebrow and slowly trailed his hand up her back.

He grabbed a fist of her hair and pulled her back. Sofia let out a small scream, tears began forming in her eyes at the pain.

"If I didn't know any better, it sounds like you actually mean that". He muttered. He pulled it harder and threw her on the bed.

He walked towards her and asked. "You don't really mean that do you?" She shook her head furiously, tears falling down her cheeks. "No". She croaked.

"I..I love you Luca". She whispered.

He smiled widely and nodded. "I know that. Now stop crying". She nodded her head and sat up. He walked towards her and lifted her head up.

"Make me proud". He muttered. She smiled and nodded.

He stepped back and smoothed out his jacket. "You better get going you don't want to keep her waiting". She nodded and stood up.

She grabbed the bag she dropped and fled out the room.

Once she was outside and she knew she was away from her husbands clutches she let her walls down.

She cried as she rushed to Garrison. In that moment she knew she was going to help the Shelby's win, even if it meant she had to die.