9| Logan Pierce and Everything Fierce!

    THE coaches escorted Noah and me through the hallways of the school after our time in the nurse's office

THE coaches escorted Noah and me through the hallways of the school after our time in the nurse's office. They led in front of us, leaving Noah and me to walk next to each other. Although, I kept my distance. I was really tempted to shove him into the wall or punch him in the face, but I knew that would just add to Coach's anger. So I held back, which, trust me, was extremely hard to do.

Finally, we reached our destination. 

The athletic director's office? Why would they bring us here?

"Mr. Gerard is waiting for the 2 of you in there," Coach Reid told us. "Don't ask questions right now. Just go in there, listen, and accept it."

Nodding, the 2 of us made our way into his office.

"Mr. Locke, Miss Pierce. Take a seat," Mr. Gerard ordered and we complied. "I bet you're wondering why you're here."

"Uh, yeah, actually," I answered.

"Well, in light of what I heard happened at practice today between the 2 of you, we decided to put in place a plan we made a while ago," he said. "We are all aware that you 2 don't get along. You fight every chance you have, you pick on each other, sabotage each other, I could go on and on about this feud."

"It's because he's a douche—"

"Miss Pierce!" Mr. Gerard interrupted. "Now, as I was saying... Last year, your coaches and I came up with an idea, but we decided not to follow through. We thought maybe your hatred for each other would die down, but it seems it has only become more pronounced."

"So are you gonna punish us? Make us clean up the cafeteria every day? Detention for 2 weeks or more?" Noah asked, irritability in his tone.

"Nothing like that. Even better," Mr. Gerard said and his eyes lit up, which only meant that this could not be good. "As you know, the break is coming up in a few weeks. So, we are sending both of your teams away to a bonding camp in Fort Yargo. Both teams will have the opportunity to bond and the best part? Each player will be partnered up with a player from the other team for the entire week! And since the two of you are the ones with the most issues, you will be partnered up. Isn't that great?"

I clenched my jaw. "Are you kidding me?" Mr. Gerard shook his head. I was going to speak again when Noah beat me to it.

"Why? What's the point of a bonding camp? We don't need to bond, it's lost cause," he said.

"Yes, you do," Mr. Gerard argued. "Your teams are supposed to get along. By fighting constantly inside and outside of volleyball, you're tearing the teams apart and pushing them further and further away from each other. Not to mention, you're wasting practice time getting in fights."