54| How Many Times Can Logan Say The Word 'Goddamn' in One Run-on Sentence?

LOGAN was playing in the big Atlanta volleyball tournament with her club team today

LOGAN was playing in the big Atlanta volleyball tournament with her club team today. Her team was one of the best in the entire country when it came to these tournaments. And today for her was extremely important. The Stanford girls volleyball coach was going to be watching her today, scouting her. She told me about how they'd been talking for a while, just like I'd been talking to the boys Stanford coach. She was incredibly nervous about it, mostly because of her parents. I didn't dare bring my psychological "This isn't your dream, it's your parent's dream" into it today. That was definitely the last thing she needed.

I drove up to Atlanta to watch her play at 3:45 this afternoon. Her game started at 3:00, but because of Amelia's ballet practice, I had to show up a bit later than her actual game. When I got to the court, they were in a 3rd set, AKA the final set for club teams. When I walked up to stand behind a row of chairs where parents were sitting, I could see that the score was 9-12, with Logan's team down by 3 points. That certainly wasn't good.

I could see Logan's parents sitting next to each other and the girls Stanford volleyball coach. For once, Logan's parents weren't screaming from the sidelines, coaching her to do better. They were likely being on their best behavior to impress the coach. Was it bad that I wanted to roll my eyes?

I saw Logan playing on the court, taking her approach and swinging at the ball, sending it straight to the 10-foot line. Yep, that was my girlfriend. 10-12 now. I could tell that she was frustrated, but was trying her best to calm herself down, probably because of the Stanford coach. She hadn't seen me yet, but one of her teammates went back and served the ball straight into the net. 10-13 now.

Yikes.

I saw Logan tense and her jaw clenched, but she stepped back and got ready to receive the other team's serve. Logan passed the ball and her setter set it outside to her. Logan took her approach and, once again, slammed the ball down cross-court this time. No one on the other side picked it up. Logan cheered and her team all high-fived each other. I could tell she was still extremely angry. 11-12.

The next few points went by fast with Logan's team winning to make the score 13-12. It was the final point and Logan's team served the ball. The other team's libero picked the ball up, the setter set it to the outside, and they hit it down. Logan picked up the ball and her setter set it to her once again. Logan took her approach and swung, hitting a line shot, but it went just outside of the court. 14-13

She was really mad now.

The other team served the ball and Logan's libero passed it, but honestly, it was an awful pass. The setter ran to get the ball, setting it for a back-row attack, which ended up going straight to the libero on the other side. She passed the ball perfectly, set it to the right side, and Logan squatted down to get ready to block the ball. The other team's right-side hit the ball and Logan jumped up to block it. The ball barely touched Logan's hand before going out of the court and landing on the ground. 15-13, they lost.