Epilogue Part One

Epilogue Part One| Ain't Nobody Getting Pregnant on Our Honeymoon!

THE plane ride was only 2 hours but it felt excruciatingly long. I was beyond fidgety sitting in my seat, which was inconveniently the middle seat. My luck. I was sitting in between an old man who snored like a bear and an assumed 12 year old girl who couldn't shut up about her boy issues. How could a 12 year old possibly have boy issues in the first place?

The plan had landed over 20 minutes ago and I was beyond frustrated waiting for the line of people to move so I could exit the plane. But since I was in row 32, nearly at the back of the plane, I had to wait and wait and wait. I just kept taking deep breaths to calm my anger. Something I had learned to do from seeing my anger management therapist back in Michigan. I'd finally started seeing a therapist 2 years ago because of an incident that happened during one of my physics labs at MIT.

Let's just say I had a very annoying lab partner and it had to do something with electricity from magnetism... You don't need the details.

My counselor had strongly suggested anger management after the incident. I complied even though it was hard. But I finally managed to walk through the doors of a therapy office and I had to admit, it was oddly satisfying. I felt as if a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders even attending therapy. Yes, I was still angry. Not as angry as I used to be, though. I'd been seeing my therapist for years now and my problems with anger were getting way better. Of course, I still had my moments.

But that's just who I am.

Finally, my row was standing up to get out and I quickly shoved past the 12 year old girl, sliding my backpack on.

"Hey!" She called as I cut in front of her.

"Sorry, girl. I've got actual boy problems. And it's called I actually have a boyfriend who I'm dying to see because I haven't seen him for 6 months now!" I exclaimed, waving at her from behind as I made my way out of the plane.

I practically ran through the airport, searching for my baggage claim. I finally found it and thankfully, my suitcase was right there waiting for me. I grabbed the bright red suitcase and turned on my heels, sprinting once more. I didn't need to run because truthfully, I didn't need to be anywhere. But I did need to run for personal reasons. Because someone was waiting for me.

I ran through the crowds of people, practically shoving my way through everyone just to get down the escalator faster. Yes, I was one of those people who walked down the escalator. But it was only because I could spot my person standing right down there waiting for me. So I made my way down and immediately ran over, letting go of my suitcase and jumping immediately into his arms.

"Pierce," Noah breathed into the crook of my neck. He gently set me down on the ground.

"Locke," I said, smiling as wide as I possibly could up at him. And trust me, it was a wide smile. I was the happiest I'd been in a while just standing in front of him.