17| Platonic Frenemies?

    WEEKS passed since the bonding camp, and we were all back to school and the normal swing of things

    WEEKS passed since the bonding camp, and we were all back to school and the normal swing of things. Well, everything was normal besides me and Logan. We hadn't spoken since the camp, and we hadn't even put forth any sort of effort to hurt each other. Even our psych teacher seemed shocked when he handed our tests back today.

    "Now, again I am going to say— no fighting between you Miss Pierce and Mr. Locke. Got it?" He said, eyeing both of us. Usually, this was when I would look over to Logan and shoot her a smirk, and she would glare back at me. But I stayed facing forward.

    It was almost as if Mr. Anderson secretly took pleasure in the show Logan and I usually put on. He always told us not to fight in class, but each time we ignored him. We would hold up our grades and whoever got the better one would immediately start rubbing it in the other's face. I'm sure I caught Mr. Anderson laughing one time when Logan beat me and proceeded to take a victory lap around the classroom before making her way to my table and shoving her paper in my face. Literally, in my face.

    So once I got my grade back, a 101%, I simply smiled to myself. There was the slight temptation to turn around and show it off to Logan, who in no way could have beaten me. But I held back. We weren't in each other's lives anymore, so I didn't need to brag about it to her.

    Mr. Anderson, of course, was a bit shocked. His mouth parted like he was going to say something about our unusual behavior, but he held back and retreated to his desk to give everyone some time to go over their test. I pulled out my folder to put my test in, and then turned my attention to my planner.

    "Not even a little arrogance out of you? Dude..." Troy drawled on. "She's got you fucked up."

    I rolled my eyes. "No one has me fucked up."

    Troy laughed. "You can't even say her name, so yeah, she's got you messed up, my dude."

    "Whatever," I mumbled, writing down my psychology homework in my planner. I'd better get that done tonight. "Can we just not talk about it? You don't like her, anyways, so it shouldn't matter."

    "I'm just saying," Troy said defensively. "You got more than just a perfect score and I know how bad you probably want to shove it in her face. You holding back? Kinda creepy."

    "Shove it, Troy," I snapped, and as if on cue, the bell rang. I quickly stood up, not bothering to put my planner away before heading out into the halls and towards the front doors.

    I shouldn't have been so bothered by Troy's idiotic comments, but for some reason I was. It just didn't make sense to me. Yeah, I was mad because of the way Logan acted towards me that last day at camp, but it shouldn't have affected me so much. We were enemies before the camp, and we were still enemies now. Nothing had changed. So why did it feel so different now?