25| The Truth Will Be Revealed

    "MOM, for the thousandth time— I have everything that I need!" I exclaimed

    For the past hour, my mom had been going through my suitcase making sure that everything on her list was there. Yes, she had her own list for what I needed to pack. And now, right as Jeremy, Cayden and I were about to leave to go pick everyone else up, my mom was checking once again. She was seriously paranoid.

    "Like everything everting?" She asked, ruffling through her messy, black hair. "Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, underwear—"

    "Mom!" I yelled, and I heard Jeremy and Cayden laughing behind me. I turned around to shoot them a death glare before facing my mom and taking a deep breath. "We have checked about 6 times now. I promise you that I have everything I need. Okay? I have to get going, Gracie and Bianca are expecting me in 5 minutes."

    She sighed. "Fine, fine. Get going then," she said, pulling me in for one last hug. I quickly escaped and headed to my car, getting in. Jeremy and Cayden sat in the back together.

    I pulled out of the driveway and into the street. As I was driving away I could hear my mom yell, "Have fun! Don't forget your studying!"

    I groaned.

    "Your mom is hilarious," Cayden said.

    "Don't start, Cayden. Don't even think about it," I warned, making him laugh.

    "We can't help it, Log," Jeremy said, placing his hands on my shoulders. "It's so fun to press your buttons sometimes."

    "Speaking of buttons," Cayden drawled. "Are you excited to see a certain someone this week, Miss Pierce?"

    "I swear to God if you start with this right now, I'm going to turn this car around," I snapped.

    "You sound like my mom," Cayden laughed. "Okay, I won't start quite yet on that whole topic. I'll wait until we're a good 3 hours in."

    I groaned. It was going to be a long 6 hours to Orlando.

✯ ✯ ✯

    I would say that the teasing started approximately 2 hours and 24 minutes into the road trip. But who's counting?

    For the past 30 minutes, I had been trying to focus on the music, even going so far as to sing at the top of my lungs to drown out the teasing. They really wouldn't let up about Noah and the trip. It was honestly a bit too much at this point. Thankfully, we were finally pulling up to a small gas station 3 hours from home to grab some snacks before taking on the remaining 6 hours of the drive.

    I parked and immediately shut off the car and got out. "Looks like Logan's sick of us already!" Gracie called.

    "I was sick of all of you 3 hours ago!" I replied, then opening the door to the convenience store and walking in.