31| Studying at a Fancy Restaurant With No Books in Sight

    "CAN we just talk about physics for once?" I practically begged

    Porkchop was once again going off on a completely random rant during 8th period, which was AP physics 2. As always, I was trying to get the homework done before the bell rang. However, Porkchop's constant rambling and Tanner's unending moaning definitely put a damper in my focus.

    "Cereal has to be a salad!" Porkchop exclaimed, hitting his fist on the desk.

    "No, it's a soup," Tanner argued. "Come on. It's little chunks of matter floating in a pool of milk."

    "Or," Porkchop drawled, "is it milk poured over little chunks of matter? Yes, yes it is! You don't start with the milk!"

    "Explain."

    "Gladly," Porkchop said, straightening up in his seat. "You see, with a soup, you start with the base and then you add ingredients. With cereal, you never start with the milk! Unless you're a psychopath."

    "That, I will agree on," I chimed in, not once taking my eyes off of my homework.

    "Thank you!" Porkchop exclaimed. "However, with salad, you start off with the ingredients and then add the liquidy thing, which would be considered the dressing. Therefore, cereal must be a salad!"

    "That... that makes no sense!" Tanner said. "They're just two completely different experiences."

    "Oh my god, guys," I interrupted. "Cereal isn't a soup. Cereal isn't a salad. It's literally just cereal. There's no deeper meaning to a bowl of starch sauced in milk!"

    "AHA!" Porkchop yelled, standing up. "YOU SAID SAUCED! THAT INDIRECTLY IMPLIES THAT YOU BELIEVE CEREAL IS A SALAD!"

    I facepalmed myself right as the teacher shot Porkchop a dirty look and shushed him. Porkchop mumbled an apology before sitting down and grinning at Tanner, who just rolled his eyes.

    "We're done with this conversation," I said.

The two babbling idiots finally shut up and focused on their work, which I was thankful for. I was almost done with my homework, which was good. I wouldn't have to worry about doing my physics homework tonight. Not to mention, I already knew how to do a few of the problems because of the fact that Logan had been given the same assignment yesterday.

The bell rang and I got up to head out to my car. Usually, I would be heading to the girls' volleyball practice to scrimmage, but today practice had been canceled. Since Genevieve collapsed yesterday at practice, apparently everyone was waiting to hear what was wrong with her.

I turned the corner and watched a seemingly angry Logan Pierce slam her locker shut before walking towards the exit doors. I followed after her in a spur of the moment decision.