24| Noah Has a Crush!

    "WHY do you have to sneak up on everyone all of the time?" I snapped at Troy, who had once again appeared out of thin air

    "WHY do you have to sneak up on everyone all of the time?" I snapped at Troy, who had once again appeared out of thin air. He was like a ghost, or a witch or something. This time, he had appeared randomly in my backyard. I didn't even know he was here until just now.

    "I don't sneak up on people!" Troy defended. "I'm just nimble on my feet, quiet, like a mouse."

    "Oh shut up," I said, hitting him in the arm.

    As per usual, a bunch of the guys were hanging out at my place after school. Troy was apparently here, Chad was in the pool with Clay and Jordan, Tanner was inside getting snacks with Cayden, and Charlie was laying out by the pool with Lucas and Zane.

Lucas, the other freshman on the team, was a pretty scrawny little guy. He was nice, though, and extremely quiet. It was the first time he actually came to hangout with the rest of us. He was pretty introverted, but Charlie convinced him to come over, and somehow, he agreed. Zane was also a new addition to our team, only because he had moved here this year. He was a junior, and definitely the hottest guy on the team. No homo or anything.

"What car are you going in tomorrow?" Troy asked, taking a seat in the beach chair next to mine. "I'm going with Chad."

"Tanner's taking me, Clay, and Charlie," I told him. "Isn't that right, Charles?!"

Charlie looked up at me and rolled his eyes. "That's right," he said unenthusiastically.

"I'm surprised," Cayden said, walking outside and handing me a sweet tea before sitting on the end of my chair.

"Surprised about what?"

"That you're not riding with someone else..." He drawled, winking at me. At first, I wasn't sure what he meant, but then it clicked.

"Seriously?" I asked. "You're the worst."

Cayden shrugged. "All I'm saying is that you and Logan have been really close lately. You know, as just friends. I thought maybe you'd rather ride with her."

I shook my head. "No need for that."

"And why not?" Tanner chimed in. He had also just walked out of the house, popping open a Coke and taking a sip. "Is there something you're not telling us, dude?" He smirked at me, and I groaned. They were too nosy for their own good.

"We are not talking about feelings," I said coldly.

"Oh, so there are feelings?" Tanner asked, looking over at Cayden with his eyebrows raised. They then turned back towards me.

"This is so dumb," I grumbled.

"Just explain it to us!" Cayden begged. "What is it between you and her?"