46| You Did Not Just Call a Planner a Lovely Lady

    "WE simply cannot wait to meet Logan!" My mom exclaimed

"WE simply cannot wait to meet Logan!" My mom exclaimed. We were sat in the kitchen, my mom making the typical Christmas Eve dinner. She was currently making a bunch of rolls with cheese on the inside, forming them into the shape of a Christmas tree. It was a Pinterest thing she discovered years ago and soon became a tradition.

"You'll love her," I said.

"Logan is the best!" Amelia exclaimed from the living room sofa where she was watching an episode of Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse.

"Those are two pretty confident endorsements," my mom said.

"And I'm very confident," I said. "Okay. I'm going to the mall with Cayden and Clay."

"Cute! A shopping spree!" My mom exclaimed. "Getting a present for a special someone?"

I dismissed her with a wave. "Shut up," I said. I heard her laughter as I left the house and made my way to my car to then go pick Cayden and Porkchop up.

Truth be told, I was getting Logan a present. I'd been thinking about it for weeks, but I had no idea what to get her. I had done so many random searches on Google and even entering into the world of Pinterest (mostly because my mom kept sending me pins called 10 Things Your Girlfriend Will Love This Christmas!). But I had no sort of luck. Nothing jumped out at me. I didn't want to try too hard, but I didn't want to get her something stupid. What could I even get her? I definitely needed help. And that's why I'd asked Cayden and Porkchop to come to the mall with me. Cayden loved shopping for people, and Porkchop was the romantic. Put them together and hopefully, I would find the perfect gift.

The entire car ride to the mall, Porkchop and Cayden wouldn't stop arguing about what store to go to first. Cayden wanted to go to Bath & Body Works to smell the new Winter-themed candles and Porkchop wanted to go to Wetzel's Pretzels and get those cinnamon pretzel bites. I then yelled at them that we would get Porkchop his pretzels and then go and smell the candles. But I had to remind them that we were going to the mall to get a present for Logan.

"These are the best pretzels ever!" Porkchop exclaimed as we walked through Bath & Body Works. Cayden was picking up practically every candle, smelling it, making a weird sound, and then shoving the candle in my face to make me smell it.

Note to self: Never go to Bath & Body Works with Cayden...

"This one is hot chocolate," Cayden said, picked it up, smelled, "AHHHHHH," that was the sound he made. "IT SMELLS JUST LIKE HOT CHOCOLATE! WOW NOAH SMELL IT!"

I smelled it. "Wow, it does," I said. "Can we please focus on what we really came here for?"

"What did we come here for again?" Porkchop asked.