19| Another 2 Teenage Lovebirds

    "A LAKE?" Logan asked as we pulled up to the large lake behind this lake house just 15 minutes away from my house

"A LAKE?" Logan asked as we pulled up to the large lake behind this lake house just 15 minutes away from my house. It was extremely dark out, and the only source of light were the few light posts surrounding the lake. Still, it wasn't enough to entirely illuminate the lake.

"A lake," I restated. I got out of my jeep and she followed as we started walking down the trail.

"This feels like trespassing. It does say private property."

"Chill. This is my family's place," I assured her. We got down to the bottom of the path right next to the lake. There was a small dock and we started walking down to it until we reached the end, where there was a small jet boat.

"We're seriously going on a boat?" Logan asked. "What if I have a secret, hidden fear of boats?"

"Even better, then," I said, smirking at her. She rolled her eyes at me as I turned to start untying the boat from the dock. "Don't worry. I know how to drive this thing. It's gonna be the time of your life."

"Oh, I doubt it," Logan replied. "As long as I'm anywhere near you, it could never be considered the time of my life."

"Ha-ha. Funny." I untied the boat and then hopped in, looking back at Logan. "You coming or are you just gonna stand there?"

She hesitated, but finally jumped into the boat, taking a seat across from where I was working the motor. Once I got it going, I steered the jet boat away and started boating down the lake. It was nice out tonight, around 60 degrees, and the slight breeze created when the jet boat was moving was calming and it felt good. When we got near the middle of the lake, around half a mile away from the lake house, I stopped the boat and sat back, letting out a deep breath.

"Okay, I lied. I love boats," Logan admitted.

"I can't believe you lied to me."

She rolled her eyes. "I am so sorry for lying to you. Surely that isn't what frenemies do," she said, the sarcasm evident in her tone.

"Thank you. I sort of accept your apology," I said. I leaned back against the hard interior of the boat. Not exactly the most comfortable, but it was tolerable. "So tell me, Miss Pierce... How's the team been doing?"

"Seriously? You want to talk volleyball?" She questioned, and when I didn't answer she sighed. "Fine."

"Fine never means what it's supposed to mean, though."

"We're good," Logan said. "I just can't stand half the people on the team. Mostly the 2 evil and annoying wannabes."

I laughed. "Savannah and Genevieve?" She nodded. "Yeah I get it. They suck."

"In more ways then one," Logan muttered, and I raised my eyebrows. It became clear she knew what I was thinking and her eyes widened. "Oh God, not like that— it's not sexual, you fucking tool!"