30| Shut up And Focus on Your Homework

    THE rest of Fall break was extremely boring

THE rest of Fall break was extremely boring. I promised my mom that I would spend the rest of my time focusing on my homework and studying. Although, it had been hard to focus so much with a certain someone constantly floating around in my mind.

I couldn't stop thinking about damn Noah Locke. The last night, the night of the party, just replayed over and over in my head. Just the reminder of the fact that Noah and I kissed not once, not twice, but three times gave me butterflies. God, it felt so good to kiss him. How weird is that?

Months ago, he was number one on my hit list. Now, he's number one on my "Dammit, I want to kiss you" list. Yes, that's a real list.

And now it was Monday, which meant back to the regular school grind. I was in first period, and so far, I hadn't seen Noah yet. It kind of drove me crazy because of how badly I wanted to see him. Or be near him. Or kiss him. Or literally anything.

"Logan, are you even listening to a word I'm saying?" Gracie asked, and I snapped out of my daze.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"Wake up from dream land," Sophie chimed in. "We have a lot to discuss. We're talking about state. It's next week for goodness sake, we've gotta be on our A-game."

"Come on," I said. "I'm always on my A-game."

"I know," Sophie said. "It's other people I have concerns about. AKA the two she-devils."

"Right," I grumbled. The thought of Savannah and Genevieve made me want to rip someone's throat out.

"Genevieve has been playing like shit lately," Gracie pointed out. "It's like she completely forgot how to hit the ball down."

"She either hits the ball way out the back, in the net, or it's a pathetic roll shot," I said, rolling my eyes. "Even I can admit that she was actually decently good. But right now she's seriously sucking it up. She better pull it together before state. No way we're losing to Athens."

Athens Christian was the second best high school volleyball team in Georgia, and otherwise known as our rivals. Practically every year at state, we would be going up against them, and it was variable who would win. Not to mention, we couldn't stand anyone on that team. They were all incredibly intense (to the point of crazy) Jesus-freaks. Nothing wrong with being religious, but we were all pretty sure they were a huge cult. And they were way too nice to be normal. I mean, no one is nice all of the time. Even when we won against them, their wide smiles never faded, and they would hug each one of us. It was honestly terrifying.

    "I'll text her and see what's up," Rose offered, turning her chair around to face us.

    "Good idea," Gracie said. "She would probably actually answer you."