39| Don't Run Away From The Truth

OW.

Jesus. My head hurt. There was an incessant stabbing pain in my temple that was driving me insane. I groaned as I slowly sat up from--

Not my bed.

Wait a minute. Where am I?

I looked around the unfamiliar room. It was a bedroom, but it wasn't mine. The bed was covered in a grey jersey-style comforter, and the room was unpainted, plain white. There was a large walk-in closet left open to my right filled with boys clothes. And my first thought was that I was still at Zane's house. I mean, he was a boy, and his house was super big and fancy, so this room could definitely belong to him.

But then I remembered the last night, very foggily, though.

Noah had taken me back to his place because I drank way too much. That's why my head hurt like a bitch.

I jolted up from the bed, suddenly in a panic. Yeah, I could remember that Noah brought me here, but I could barely remember what happened last night. I didn't remember most of what happened at the party, and I definitely didn't remember what Noah and I did when we got to his house.

"Hey." The familiar voice came from my right where the door to the bedroom was, and Noah was standing directly in the doorway, leaning against the wall. He held a water bottle in one hand and Advil in the other. "I'm assuming your head's hurting."

I could only nod. This was way too fucking weird. So Noah walked over and set the water bottle down on the bedside table and handed me 2 tabs of Advil. I hurried to take them, downing them in the water. I practically gulped down the entire water bottle, too. Apparently, I was also parched.

"I uh..." He paused, running a hand through his messy hair. "I know that the Advil isn't really gonna do the job. If you wanna shower, you can meet me downstairs. I'll make you a little something that should help." Noah sent me a quick smile before turning and leaving, although he stopped in the doorway to say one more thing. "Oh! And I had Gracie drop off a change of clothes for you. You know, so you don't have to smell like beer all day. They're sitting in the bathroom on the vanity." And then he left, shutting the door on his way out.

I laid my head back against the pillows. "Damn," I muttered. This was going to be awkward as all hell.

I slowly stood up from the bed (which, in case you were wondering, was incredibly comfortable and soft, I was kind of sad to leave it) and made my way into the bathroom. And the bathroom was on another level of fancy. The vanity was huge with bright lights surrounding it, marble countertops and tile on the ground, and the shower was a huge walk-in with more than 2 different shower heads. And one of them was the fancy rain-one, if you know what I mean. Damn, Noah really was rich.