11| A Temporary Alliance With The Devil

    COLD air was hitting the side of my face, and I could faintly focus on the sound of Frank Ocean's 'Self Control' playing through my earbuds

    COLD air was hitting the side of my face, and I could faintly focus on the sound of Frank Ocean's 'Self Control' playing through my earbuds. I could feel my head rested on a pillow, which was really comfortable by the way, as I was slowly waking up from my nap.

    Wait a minute. I didn't have a pillow.

    I jolted awake, noticing that I had been resting my head on his shoulder. I quickly moved, pulling out my earbuds and punching his arm.

    "Um, ow!" Noah said, rubbing the spot where I hit him.

    "Seriously you dick? Why didn't you push me off or something?" I asked, shaking my head.

    "You were asleep. I didn't want to be a dick, but apparently I'm one anyways," Noah replied.

    "You're a dick all of the time, so it doesn't really matter," I groaned.

    "You looked peaceful," he pointed out, then smirking. "It seems like you were enjoying my comfortable shoulder."

    I rolled my eyes and turned my attention out of the window of the bus. I had thought his shoulder was comfortable, actually. I mistook it for a literal pillow. For a fit guy, he didn't seem like his shoulder would be so soft, but—

    Jesus. What was wrong with my mind? I was actually thinking semi-decent thoughts about the Ruler of the Underworld. That nap must've done something to my mind.

    "What are you listening to?" Noah asked, and I turned to face him.

    "Remember when I said not to talk to me? Right when we got on this bus?" I asked. "Well, I meant it. So don't talk to me."

    "Look, I'm just trying to bond," Noah said, shrugging. "I promised I would at least try this week, so here's me trying."

    "Whatever," I grumbled. "Frank Ocean. Happy?"

    "Ecstatic."

    There were still 30 minutes left of the bus ride, and I put both of my earbuds back in, resting my head on the wall of the bus this time. Fine. I admit it, it wasn't nearly as comfortable as Noah's shoulder, but there was no way in hell I was going to consciously use his shoulder as a pillow.

I was left alone to my thoughts, not even able to focus on my music anymore. All I could think about was the douchebag sitting beside me, and how much I despised him. My mind wandered to how close we were sitting together. His leg was brushed up against mine, and his right hand was placed casually on the seat, inches away from mine that sat on top of my leg.

Ew. I scooted over a little, attempting to really squish myself up against the wall. Being so close to Noah made me want to gag, I was that uncomfortable. I took a deep breath before focusing my attention on the lyrics of Blackbear's 'If I Could I Would Feel Nothing'. All I wanted was a viable distraction from my dumbass mind.