20| Is That Jonah?

20| Is That Jonah?

    TIME passed by faster than I could comprehend

    TIME passed by faster than I could comprehend. Weeks and weeks treaded on until today: 3 weeks until the state volleyball championship. Sure, we were guaranteed a spot in yet, we still had 5 more games before. But because of our record, (9-0), we were clearly on track to make it. And I was sure we would, like always. There was no denying that we were a good team, likely the best. But to say I was on edge would be putting it lightly.

    I always got like this around this time of the year. So close, yet so far to the state competition, I would just lose it. My nerves would take form into anger and the only way to calm it was to take it out on something or someone. Usually, my victims were either option:

    A) A punching bag

    B) My pillow

    C) Noah

    However, I couldn't quite bring myself to the 3rd option. Not after our little adventure. Sure, we still picked at each other every so often, but the tone was completely different.We didn't pick on each other out of pure anger anymore, it was more playful than that. It was weird, but I didn't mind.

    My pillow was still a viable option. I would use that at night when I couldn't fall asleep and I just needed to scream into something. Pillows are useful for much more than just being a comfortable spot for your head to lay.

    Today, though, I opted for the punching bag. It was Saturday morning, and I decided to take a run to the gym this morning. I hated running, but I knew that it would help with some of my anger, so I did it, anyway. When I got there, I headed straight for the empty gym filled with punching bags.  I threw on a pair of black gloves before getting in my rhythm.

    Now why exactly was I on edge? Let me fill you in.

    Reason #1: Savannah.

    She was driving me up the walls, and it wasn't even her and Genevieve. It was just her. Everyday at practice she would make some snarky comment towards me before Coach came in. Then, she would proceed to be the fakest bitch ever and act super nice to me. And the worst part wasn't her attitude towards me. No, that I could handle. I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I had dealt with her attitude for 4 years now. The worst part was her playing. You know how you're supposed to get increasingly better each time you play? I swear, Savannah seemed to get worse each time. I wasn't sure how it was even possible, but it was.

    I know what you're thinking: if she's so bad, then why isn't she a bench player? She is a bench player. But it's still equally as infuriating to deal with her. She was an outside like me and the other devil, Genevieve who has the position of OH2. Technically, Savannah was fighting for the OH2 spot against Genevieve, but she always insisted she would be the one to take my spot. I let out a small laugh at the thought of her taking my position. It would never happen.