42| Thanks, Locke

42| Thanks, Locke

IT was finally the end of finals week

IT was finally the end of finals week. But let me tell you, that didn't make me any less on-edge. Taking the AP Psychology test was the last test of this week. And I was practically shaking the entire time. I'd been studying for weeks and this was most definitely the class I'd been most worried about. Noah and I had studied together all week, which was a good thing. I was sure I'd been prepared enough to do well on the AP psych test.

Once the bell rang, everyone was practically cheering and running out of the classroom. I stood up with Gracie and we waited for Noah to walk over to us before heading out of the room. That had become a routine for us since she'd learned we were dating. We walked together heading to the parking lot.

"Thank God it's over!" Gracie exclaimed. "So what? Do you guys have any special plans together? What do super smart people who have nothing to worry about do after finals?"

I rolled my eyes, but Noah answered. "They go and impatiently wait for their grades!" He said. "Obviously by getting a coffee and going to the most luxurious backyard in all of Georgia."

"Sounds lovely," Gracie said.

"He just likes to brag about his backyard," I said. "So do you have any plans? Perhaps with a certain boy whose nickname so happens to be a type of meat?"

Gracie laughed. "Possibly," she said.

It had been a little less than a week since I set Gracie up with Porkchop. But unlike Porkchop, Gracie had known who she was going out with that night. I always knew that he was super into her, but I never knew exactly how Gracie felt. Besides the fact that she always loved being around him and would laugh at literally everything he did. It was definitely meant to be in my mind at least.

Porkchop walked over and wrapped his arm around Gracie's shoulder. They still weren't exclusive yet, but they had been hanging out a lot more often. Which gave me hope that I was the number one matchmaker in all of Georgia.

"Ready for the ball pit?" Porkchop asked.

"Ball pit?" Noah questioned.

"Porkchop apparently turned his empty pool into a ball pit. Don't even ask me how he did it. All I know is that I'm definitely ready for it," Gracie said. "Have fun with your luxurious backyard!"

Gracie and Porkchop walked away, leaving me and Noah standing by his car. Ever since we'd been public he'd started picking me up for school. Not every day, but most. And it was greatly appreciated. I was pretty obsessed with his jeep. He leaned against the front of his car and sighed.

"Now we wait for the grades," he muttered. "The last we can do is try to forget that we even took tests."

"Right," I agreed. "So coffee in your backyard."

He nodded. "It's gonna be amazing," he said and grabbed my hand. "And Amelia's still at school right now which means we get the entire house to ourselves!"