12| If You Break This Balloon, I Swear...

    I woke up to freezing cold water being dumped over me on Tuesday

I woke up to freezing cold water being dumped over me on Tuesday. Jolting up from my comfortable laying position, I opened my eyes and made contact with Cayden, Charlie, and Jordan laughing at me. Great. I was rooming with a bunch of hooligans.

"Seriously?" I asked.

    Cayden shrugged. "You were going to oversleep and miss breakfast. Coach told us to wake you up."

    "And you didn't think maybe just saying, 'hey, Noah, get up' would work?" I shook my head and slowly got up from the bed, shaking my hair like a wet dog. Cayden glared at me.

    "You dick," he muttered, running his hand through his now slightly wet hair.

    "You still love me," I teased.

    After getting dressed, simply in some shorts and a t-shirt, the guys and I made our way to the main cabin where breakfast was being served. Upon entrance, a hand wrapped around my wrist, pulling me in the opposite direction of the guys. I didn't notice it was Logan until she shot me a glare.

    "What are you doing?" I asked, incredibly confused.

    "Coach D said I wasn't allowed to enjoy the deluxe breakfast until my partner showed up," Logan informed me, her hand still clutching onto my wrist. She let me go once we reached the kitchen and she turned to look at me, smirking. "I see why you're so late now. Serves you right."

    "Whatever," I grumbled. "I wasn't aware that we would have to eat this together."

    "Neither was I, but apparently it makes sense since we won as a team," she said, rolling her eyes. "I personally would rather not, but if it's what I have to do to eat this breakfast, I'm going to deal with it."

    Suddenly Coach D brought us out 2 plates filled with blueberry pancakes, bacon, and "freshly-squeezed orange juice" or so he claims. He shooed us away to go sit down, and we, unfortunately, sat down across from each other, away from everyone else on the 2 teams. We were being forced to spend breakfast together. How exciting.

    It was pretty silent between the 2 of us, which made sense. I didn't exactly expect us to want to talk to each other, or even to put forth the effort. But then again, I did promise Cayden I would at least try with Logan this week. Yesterday went surprisingly well, and maybe that meant today would be okay, too.

    "You wanted to win so badly, just to get a pancake and bacon breakfast?" I questioned.

    Logan looked up at me like I was stupid, and after finishing her bite of bacon, replied. "Um, obviously," she said. "Who wouldn't?"

    I shrugged. "I guess I just wasn't aware that breakfast was so important."

"It's the most important meal of the day, Noah Locke," Logan said, grinning at me. "I thought you'd be smart enough to know that."