26| A Two For One!

26| A Two For One!

    "THIS is by far the coolest thing I've ever rode in," I said, my hair flowing in the wind as Noah drove

    After he insisted on driving, he brought me to the large garage and picked out the car we were currently in. It was a goddamn pink corvette. Like... are you kidding me? It was the most amazing thing ever. It surely put my little car to shame.

    "Yeah I fucking love this car," Noah said.

    "Never thought I'd witness Noah Locke driving a bright pink car," I laughed.

    Noah looked over at me, lowering his sunglasses a bit. "You have a lot to learn about me, Pierce." He lifted his glasses back up and focused on the road, which made me glad because I could feel a blush forming on my face. Stupid, stupid cheeks.

    We drove down the beachside road and I kept my gaze towards the beach and the ocean. It had been over 5 years since I'd visited any of the Florida beaches. My parents used to take Billie and I on vacation to some of the beaches here because of how much nicer they were. You can guess why we stopped going.

    I held my arm out of the car, feeling the slightly nicer breeze created by the speed Noah was driving. He could definitely go a lot faster in this car. I wasn't going to temp him, though. The speed we were going was fast enough for my liking, and any faster would definitely get us pulled over.

    We pulled up to a small grocery store and hopped out of the car to head inside.

    "So," Noah started, grabbing a cart and looking over at me, "are you riding in the cart? Or am I?"

    I raised my eyebrows at him. "Are you serious?"

    "Dead serious."

    "Don't workers hate when people do that, though? Especially when it's dumb teenagers?"

    "First of all, we're not dumb teenagers, Miss Pierce. We are, in fact, very smart teenagers," Noah said, and I rolled my eyes. "And second of all, I'm friends with the owner here. It's a little local store. So hop in before I do."

    I laughed and then reluctantly got in the cart. Noah pushed me through the automatic doors and started heading towards the food aisles.

    "So how do your parents know the owner?" I questioned, curiosity taking over me.

    "We used to come here every summer and stay at the house, that is, until my parents started leaving so often," Noah said, pushing me down the aisle filled with chips. "This was the closest supermarket, and we became really close with the owner. His name is Bernard, we call him Bernie. It was 4 years ago when we came for the last time as a family, and the supermarket was going out of business. I begged and begged and begged my parents to help them out. And being the business people they are, they finally decided to save it by buying out the supermarket. It was hard to convince them, but I did everything I could until they did. They let Bernie keep it, but they kept it alive."