53| The One Direction Song Irresistible

SHOWERING was painful the next morning. Not because of the heat from the water or the bruises on my face, but because I couldn't quite escape my thoughts. Why did showers have to be the perfect place for endless thoughts to race out? I got out of Noah's shower and changed into a sweatshirt that he left for me in the bathroom. I let my hair stay down and wet as I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, immediately smelling the pancakes and bacon. Noah really knew the way to my heart.

He turned around and smiled at me as I took a seat at the counter. "Morning, Pierce," he said. Noah grabbed a cup of coffee behind him and handed it to me. "Dash of half-and-half and 2 packets of the pink sugar, just as you like it."

"You are a blessing," I said, immediately sipping the coffee. Perfection.

"So I made you pancakes and bacon, obviously. Did you want me to take you home afterwards, or are you okay?" Noah asked.

"I'm okay. My car's out front, anyway," I said.

"Sounds good," he said and then spun around to look at me again, reaching over the counter to grab ahold of my hand. He ran his thumb along my palm. "You sure you're okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay. I don't know if Billie's really here or not, but either way, I'll figure out how to handle it."

"Okay. If you need anything-"

"You're here. I know," I said, smiling. "You've only said it to me about a thousand times."

"Right, right. I'll stop," he smiled at me.

Noah stacked 2 of his classic blueberry pancakes on top of each other and put 4 slices of bacon on my plate before putting it in front of me.

"A gourmet breakfast for my favorite person," he said, grinning.

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you, chef."

My phone buzzed and I checked it while I grabbed a piece of bacon and started eating it. It was a text from Jeremy in our group chat. Gracie and Bianca both replied soon after.

JEREMY: Shopping. Mall. Today. 10. Prom dresses, bitches.

GRACIE: Can't today. Work. :(

BIANCA: I'm down.

JEREMY: Miss Pierce, it is your turn to reply. And your answer must be yes.

I sighed and set my phone down instead, digging into the pancakes. Noah made the best goddamn pancakes, I swear. They were heavenly.

"Jeremy and the others want to go prom dress shopping today," I told him. "But I have to go study. Lucky me."

"At least you have my pancakes," Noah said.

"You're right. That might be all I need."

Just then, my phone buzzed again. I expected it to be the group chat again, but it was actually my parents. They texted letting me know that they would be out of town for the next 3 days because of a spur-of-the-moment business trip. How convenient was that?