32| You Just Can't Top Cayden

    "YOUR homework for the night is to read the experiment by Eleanor Gibson

    "YOUR homework for the night is to read the experiment by Eleanor Gibson. It's all about the visual cliff in regards to babies," Mr. Anderson announced. "Your job is to take notes on the visual cliff and show your understanding on the experiment. We'll have a discussion next class."

The bell rang, and I slowly packed my bag. My eyes darted up and met Logan's, who was leaving the classroom. She smiled at me before she left with Gracie. I smiled to myself and continued packing up my bag. Troy and I got up and left the classroom, heading towards the boys locker room. Practice was back on tonight, which meant another scrimmage was underway.

    "Are you gonna sign up to go to state?" Troy asked. "Coach sent out those forms last night."

    "Right," I said.

    The form was basically a form that needed to be signed if we were planning on going to state. Coach Reid and Coach D always liked the idea of having the boys team come to support the girls at state, and vice versa.

    "Yeah, I'm gonna come," I said.

    "Really?" Troy asked, surprised. "You've never done that."

    I shrugged. "It's senior year."

    It was true that I hadn't ever gone to the girls' state tournament. I never wanted to go in the first place. I guess you could say that I never wanted to support them because of how much I hated Logan. Things certainly have changed.

    "True that," Troy agreed, dropping the subject. "Hey, tomorrow during your off, will you help me with the psych assignment? I just don't understand the whole sensation and perception thing."

    "Oh I'll help you. I have the perfect song," I said, grinning.

    Troy groaned. "Why do you always have weird educational songs? How do you even find those things?"

    "It's so simple, dude. And it's the perfect method to learning something," I told him. "I have my own songs, too."

    "Dude..." he drawled as we walked into the boys locker room, where a lot of the team already was. "You did not write your own psychology songs."

    "Oh he so did!" Cayden exclaimed as he threw on a t-shirt. "And they're amazing."

    "Thank you, Cayden. See? This is why Cayden is my favorite," I said, and Troy rolled his eyes.

    We dropped the conversation of my amazing psychology songs so that I could get dressed and ready for the scrimmage. Hey, don't even think about judging me. You don't know how perfect it is to learn psychology terms through music until you try it. Or until you write your own lyrics to the tune of "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction.