50| Pleased With my Geniosity!

    "OKAY boys!" Coach Reid exclaimed at the end of practice as we were all gearing down

    "OKAY boys!" Coach Reid exclaimed at the end of practice as we were all gearing down. "State is this weekend. We have 4 days to prepare ourselves for the tournament. I'm not gonna put any pressure on you all to win, but..."

    "Let's fucking win!" Zane yelled.

    Coach Reid cleared his throat. "I would yell at you about language, Zane, but honestly... I don't really care. THIS IS STATE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT AND THAT IS THE GODDAMN SPIRIT!"

    We all cheered and Coach Reid proceeded to stand up and do an awfully embarrassing dance. I cringed and took off my kneepads. "Coach," I started, "please, for the sake of the team, save the dancing for this weekend."

    Coach Reid stopped dancing. "You're right, Locke. I've gotta save my moves for the big day! In the meantime, gear down and get some rest, boys!" Coach Reid left the gym, still dancing on the way out despite my suggestion. It was hard to get that man to stop dancing.

    Zane stood up and started heading out of the gym. "I'll see you boys tomorrow!" He yelled and then sprinted out. We all knew exactly where he was going. And to key you in just a bit, he definitely wasn't going to get any rest...

    The rest of us still sat in our circle gearing down. Porkchop sighed and laid down on the floor.

    "State in 4 days," Charlie mumbled.

    "Literally insane," Lucas said.

    Troy patted them both on the back and grinned. "Our little freshman boys are nervous!" He teased.

    I rolled my eyes. "Please, if anyone's nervous, it's Clay," I said and Porkchop immediately sat up. He had always been the nervous one when it came to the state tournament.

    "You can't blame me!" Porkchop exclaimed. "It's a big tournament, man! If we win, it means we own the state!"

    Tanner facepalmed himself. "For the billionth time, PC... The state tournament doesn't mean that we're competing to see who gets to own the state of Georgia. It literally just means that we are competing to see who's the best team in the state."

    "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, right. You have told me that before," Porkchop said.

    "Either way, even if you guys are nervous, we've got this in the bag," I said to Charlie and Lucas. "And if we win... expect some attention."

    "Attention? What kind of attention?" Lucas asked.

    "Uh, duh," Jordan said, taking off his volleyball shoes. "The attention of the ladies."

    "The ladies?" Charlie asked.

    Jordan rolled his eyes. "Yes, the ladies."

    "You know, the other gender," I said. "They're the ones with-"