New Start

Toni's POV
Today is the day, my hot fiancé is finally coming to Stanford.
I had to come early for football camp so she stayed back and packed up the rest of our clothes. I'm waiting on the big staircase leading up to our dorms. I miss her so much, we FaceTimed a lot but the time difference made it hard to do it.
"Topaz, what's up?" A voice ask
I turn and see one of the football guys I've already grew close to over the last 3 weeks. His name's Dylan and he's a third year defensive back. He has sandy blond hair, kinda like your stereotypical surfer dude.
"My fiancé flew in today, said she'd be here soon,"
"Fiancé?"
"Ya," I laugh "got engaged a few months ago now,"
"He hot?" He asks
I haven't been too talkative in the changeroom and most of the players didn't keep up with all the drama, just know my tapes. I don't really know why I haven't talked about her, just made it harder for me I guess
"She," I correct "and oh ya, she's hot,"
"Oh sorry, I didn't know,
"It's no problem, I haven't really talked about her. I haven't been away from her this long since we started dating," I say "well other than getting kidnaped,"
He chuckles
I get a call from reggie.
"Hey man what's up?" I ask
"Is Cheryl coming in today?"
"Ya She should be here any minute, why?"
"My mom is flying out tomorrow and wants to know if you guys want to grab dinner tonight,"
"Ya of course," I say "I'll call you once she gets settled,"
"Ok thanks bro,"
"No problem Mantle,"
I hang up and check Cheryl's location on my phone. She's almost here, which is nice.
"What's she like?" He asks "your fiancé,"
"She's amazing," I say "at first she has walls and won't talk to you probably, but she's been hurt by a lot of people so she doesn't want it happening again. But she has the biggest heart, when I was a kid, well like 3 years ago, I was abused by my uncle. She gave me a key to her house for when he was drunk and when it got really bad, she let me move in. And then, my two brother moved in and she let Reggie. She's a bitch though, don't get on her bad side,"
"I'll try not to," he laughs
"I'll make sure you're not," I laugh "she's crazy, but she's stood by me through actual hell and I love her,"
"Didn't know you were a softie Topaz?" He teases
I laugh as a car pulls up.
"This should be her," I say standing up
The driver opens the door and she gets out. She doesn't notice me at first, but she's in those darn leggings from Miami that still fit her perfectly, my USA football sweater and the sunglasses I got her a while ago.
She grabs her bag, she just mailed the rest I think and finally looks up to see me smirking at her.
"Babe?" She asks excitedly
I jog down and hug her
"I thought you were meeting me in the room,"
"I couldn't wait to see you so I came down," I laugh into the hug
"I missed you so much T,"
"I missed you too Cher," I laugh
I grab her hand and we walk up to where Dylan is sitting.
"Cher, this is my friend from football Dylan Moore, Dylan this is my fiancé Cheryl Blossom,"
"Nice to finally meet you," she says
"As with you," he says shaking her hand "T I gotta go to film, I'll see you at practice tomorrow?"
"Ya I'll be there,"
"Nice meeting you Cheryl,"
"You too Dylan,"
He walks away and I turn back to Cher
"You make friends too easily," she says
"He's on my team, I have to be friends with him,"
She smiles
"I missed you so much,"
"I missed you too baby," I smile pecking her lips
She kisses me again and I take her bag.
We have a room all to ourselves which is nice, but there are separate beds which Cheryl hates.
"Hey so I know you didn't want to sleep alone,"
"Like id rather share a room with Reggie, ya," she says
"Let me finish," I laugh "so I changed our room around and bought a new mattress,"
She looks at me suspiciously as i unlock the door. I walk into the room and she gasps. I decorated a little so it would feel more like home.
"TT I love it," she says looking at the bed in the middle and the red and light purple decorations.
"Ya?" I ask
"Ya," She says
I help her unpack and then we lay down and cuddle.
"Oh I missed this," she says cuddling into my side,
"Me too,"
I put my arm around her shoulder and roll her slightly so I can press a kiss to the top of her head
My phone starts ringing, I look at the caller id
Reggie Mantle
"Hey dude what's up?"
"The boys are going out for lunch, you two up?"
"Let me ask Cher," I say "baby you wanna go out for lunch?"
I hear snickers from the other side.
"Am I on speaker phone?" I ask
"Mhm," he says as probably 6 guys snicker
"Asshole," I spit
"Uh ya sure," Cher says
"We'll be there, 10 minutes?"
"Sure,"
I hang up and kiss Cheryl's cheek.
"Alright, let me change,"
"I'm changing too,"
I change into a black USA FOOTBALL shirt, my maroon jacket and black jean shorts and Cher comes out in blue jean shorts, a red flannel and her sunglasses.
"You look cute," I say grabbing her hand
"So do you," she laughs pecking my lips
I laugh and we leave to go down the elevator.
"Are they nice?" Cheryl asks
"Very, they'll like you, don't worry," I say holding her hands
"What do they know about me?" She asks
"Admittedly I didn't really talk about you. Most of them don't know I'm Bi," I sigh looking at my hands "just something I didn't talk about,"
"Are you ok with them knowing?" She asks
"Of course baby," I say kissing her "I just didn't talk about it before,"
"Ok,"
We walk to the restaurant cross campus hand in hand.
"Have you eaten today?"
"No," she says shyly
"Have you been eating though? Like well?"
"Yes of course," she says "just wasn't hungry today,"
"Ok, as long as you were eating well in Riverdale,"
We walk in the restaurant and I see the boys in the back at the long table.
Looks like 6 all together including reggie and Dylan.
Eliot the tight end from SoCal, and Mox the running back from Texas, both our age, and Austen the full back and Will our kicker both from New York, are a year older than us- identical twins actually.
"Topaz! You finally made it!" Eliot teases
"Calm down Eli, this is way closer to your dorms than it is to mine," I say
They laugh and shrug
"This is my fiancé, Cheryl Blossom," I say putting my hand on the small of her back "Cher, that's Eliot, and Mox and the twins are Austen and Will,"
"Topaz you never told us you were engaged," Austen says
"There's been so much media coverage out east that I assumed you would know,"
"We didn't pay attention to any of it, coach told us not to pay attention to it since you were coming out this year,"
We sit down and joke around for a while.
"Babe I have to go to the bathroom," she whispers
"Want me to come?" I ask
"No no, where it it though?" She asks
"Over there, and to the left," I say pointing "Take your phone please,"
"I will T," she laughs
She stands up and kisses my cheek
"I'll be back,"
She walks away.
"Where's she going?" Reggie asks
"Bathroom," I say
"Alone?"
"She seems to think the problems are over since we're in a new timezone," I sigh "she's getting better at least,"
"What happened?" Austen asks
"What didn't?" Reggie says "shootings, Russian roulette, kidnaping, Rape. Take your pick,"
"Seriously?" They all say shocked
"Ya, I'll talk about it, one day," I say "at least I got this sick scar,"
I lift up my shirt.
"Sick!" Mox says
"Antoinette," Cheryl says "what are you doing?"
"Showing the guys my scars,"
"Not in the middle of a restaurant," she says
"Haha you got in trouble," Austen says
I stick my tongue out at him.
"Stop it, you're with reggie for 3 weeks and you lost all your manners,"
"You're funny," I say
She rolls her eyes
"You're a child,"
"I love you," I say smirking at her
"I love you too," she says rolling her eyes and kissing me
"Mantle are they always like this?"
"Every day since Toni transferred to Riverdale High," he sighs
"Shut up, you love us," Cheryl smirks
"No I really don't,"
"Babe don't rub in that we were his only friends,"
He sticks his tongue out.
"That's not fair I'm not allowed to do that," I say
"Checkmate," he says
Cheryl giggles and kisses my cheek.
We all get our food, Cher and I are sharing chicken fingers and fries.
"Want the last one?" I ask
"I know you want it, you can have it," she laughs
"No babe, if you want it take it,"
"Are you sure?"
"Cher, I'm still not convinced you've been eating like you usually have,"
"Rude," She says eating it
"Rude," I mock
She glares at me and rolls her eyes.
"You guys want to go to Tito?" Austen asks "Billy and Hayden are there,"
"What's Tito?" Cher asks
"The best place on campus," I say "c'mon babe it'll be fun,"
"Ok,"
We all pay and start heading to Tito.
Reggie and Cheryl are walking in front of the rest of us.
"So how long have you two been together?" Will asks
"Almost 3 years," I say "it's been a ride,"
"What could've happened? You two seem happy," Mox says
"The media really made things hard, I was kidnaped and unconscious and apparently I was raped. That's when I was shot at Globals and that's when I found out I was pregnant,"
"Oh shit,"
"Ya, So obviously being in a lesbian relationship and pregnant the media spun it out of control, some even said I cheated on her with reggie,"
"At least you guys got through it," he says
"Ya She was great about it," I say
"Hey babe, what's that thing about football? The one I always forget?" Cher asks turning around
"Pick 6 baby," I say
"Right that one," she says turning back to her conversation
"Pick 6?"
"Football isn't her thing, but she's learning," I laugh
We get there, it's just a big hall with pool and ping pong.
"So what is this?" She asks
"It's just a hangout," I say
I kiss her and she giggles.
"I love you Toni Topaz,"
"I love you Cheryl Blossom," I smirk
"Topaz, Blossom, you two are playing reggie and I!" Austen yells
"Babe you know I suck at sports,"
"It's ping pong, Calm yourself," I laugh
"Fine but no making fun of me,"
"I promise babygirl," I say pecking her lips
She smiles and we go play ping pong with the boys.
We do end up winning and Cheryl kisses me. Fuck she's amazing.
"Topaz, no one wants to see you makeout in the middle of Tito!"
"Bite me Mox," I laugh
I put my hands on Cheryl's hips and back her into the ping pong table making her put her hands on the back of my neck.
"I love you Cheryl Blossom,"
"I love you Toni Topaz," she smiles
I giggle and we just stand there for a couple minutes.
"You're cute," I say
She blushes and shakes her head
"You're a flirt," she sighs
"Mhm,"
I peck her lips
"Cheryl, me and you one on one?" Reggie asks "I'm tired of losing to Toni,"
"You mind?" She asks
"Not at all baby," I say "I'm going to talk to Mox and the twins,"
"Ok," she pecks my lips and goes to play reggie
I sit next to Mox and in front of the twins on the small bleachers.
"Don't take this the wrong way, but I've never seen a same sex couple as out there as you two. Aren't you scared about like homophobia?" Will asks
"In Riverdale, the two most popular girls were both into girls so it just kinda became normal almost, we've been bothered by a whole lot of people, but I just ignore it now, getting called a dyke only bothered me the first few times. Cher is a little more sensitive to it so I try and shield her from it. It happens, but as long as it's to me and not her I don't care,"
"That's dumb, you should care about homophobia,"
"I'm doing all I can, getting angry at every close minded person isn't going to help,"
They shrug and we watch the ping pong game. Cheryl seems to actually be winning.
She hits a really good shot.
"That's my girl," I yell, which causes her to blush
"Toni stop it," she says before serving
We all laugh and Cheryl is not a fan and she loses the point.
"Toni stop laughing at me, I told you I'm bad at ping pong,"
"C, just play," I laugh "it's for fun,"
"T, nothing's for fun with me and you know it," she spits turning around
"You just got told," Mox teases
"Ya ya, putting me in my place is her favourite activity,"
A few minutes pass when billy and Hayden walk in.
"Who's the hottie playing with Reggie?" Hayden asks
"Topaz's girl flew in today," Mox says
"Way to go Topaz," he says trying to high five me
"I can't high five you," I laugh
"Why not?"
"Cheryl's scary," Austen says
"There's no way,"
"Watch," I say
I wait until Cheryl makes a mistake. The ball was coming right at her and she misses.
"Hey babe? Just a tip. You're supposed to hit the ball sweetie,"
"You're a bitch," she says
"Mhm, and your bad," i say
"Toni shut the hell up I'm trying to play,"
"Cheryl, you suck," I tease
She rolls her eyes
"We'll talk about this later,"
My face drops and the boys start laughing at me.
"You're in trouble," Hayden teases
I roll my eyes.
"She's not actually pissed," I say
Cheryl ends up winning the game and I walk over as she's hugging reggie.
"Good job babygirl," I say
"Thanks TT," She says
I take her hand and kiss her.
"I'm proud of you,"
"Thanks baby,"
We walk over to the boys.
"Cher that's Hayden and Billy, boys this is my fiancé Cheryl Blossom,"
"Fiancé?" Hayden asks
"Mhm, we got engaged at Globals last spring," cher says kissing my cheek
"Sick,"
He talks to Cher for a while, I just hang with Reg and Austen.
"Why do you keep looking over at her?" Austen asks
"She's not in a good headspace, she seems different today. I don't want her having a panic attack or anything,"
He shrugs and we keep playing cards.
I'm sitting there, when I feel hands on my shoulders and start to massage me. I jerk to turn around
"Don't worry love it's just me," Cheryl says
"Ok," I say
I lose so I lay back into her.
"I love you," she mumbles in my ear
"I love you too baby," I smile
"I wasn't actually mad earlier, I don't want you to be and at me,"
"Don't worry babe, I know," I half laugh "it's ok, I was bugging you,"
"You aren't mad?" She asks
"Of course I'm not mad Cheryl, what's going on?"
"Nothing, we were apart for so long and I was just making sure you weren't angry," She sighs
I turn my neck to face her
"Babe, I'm not angry," I laugh kissing her "I love you baby,"
She smiles and kisses me
"Are you ok?" I ask "you don't seem well today,"
"My head is weird, it's night just be the travelling," she sighs
"I talked to Pea and Fangs, said you barely slept, up all hours. Too much fear?"
She yawns and nods
"Last time.." she says before trailing off
"I know babe, I know," I say kissing her cheek "we're supposed to have dinner with reggie and his mom, you wanna nap first?"
She nods and yawns.
"Ok cutie, lets head out,"
I stand up and help her up.
"Reg we're going to nap,"
"Ok, meet at RT 8?
"Awesome,"
We walk back to our dorms and lie down.
This is going to be fun.