Forfeit

Lexis POV

We're playing Hawaii tonight in the third game of the tournament and I'm not excited.

They can't seem to understand that Hudson and I are not together anymore.

Douchebags

"Lexi can you try smiling today at press?" My mom asks

"If they stop asking me questions about Hudson,"

"Maybe try answering?" Cheryl suggests

"You know Hudson hasn't gotten one question about me? He gets to talk about basketball, but since I'm a girl I get to talk about my ex," I say "they can fuck off,"

"Lex.." Toni Starts

"You can make me go, USA football can make me go- they can't make me like it- nor can they make me smile,"

"Fair enough," Cheryl says

"Cher- please," Toni says "be on my side,"

"Tones she makes some good points,"

"Really? Seriously- I have USA Football on the phone every night and you- are going to tell her it's okay?"

"If she doesn't want to answer questions she doesn't have to answer them,"

"Thank you mom," I say grabbing my bag "I'm leaving,"

"Bus leaves in 1/2 an hour,"

"35 minutes if that's when your QB shows up," I tease

I go upstairs and change. I hate press before games. It's so stupid.

I go on the bus to the fields and go straight to press.

"Has your recent breakup been a factor this week Lexi?"

"Oh- the x-factor," I say dryly "my arm forgot how to throw because of a boy- makes sense to me too,"

"With Riverdale Basketball and Riverdale Football sharing a hotel is it awkward?"

"Okay ive been pretty polite about these question- which is hard to come by from me usually but this is getting ridiculous. Hudson and I broke up- not a secret. But I know for a fact he has had just as much press as me and he has NOT ONCE been asked about me or my affect on his tournament. What's the problem? Is it because I'm a girl or because I'm a Topaz? Because either way I'm done with these stupid questions. Did you love him? Was it mutual? How'd it happen? Does it matter to any of you? Like really, it shouldn't. Get out of my life,"

Everyone goes silent and no one asks a question.

"No more, awesome I'm out,"

I leave and go to the changeroom to start changing.

"Happy mom?" I ask as I pass her

"At least you talked this time," she sighs

"I know you get a lot of shit for me being like this but it's not right,"

"I know honey,"

I get dressed and warmup. After film we start the game and the first half goes well until one of their newer players grabs my ass out of a scrum.

"Douchebag,"

The guys who attacked Hudson and i last year start laughing and call me a dyke- right infront of the ref.

"Ref- c'mon they can't call me that!"

"Just play the game miss,"

"No, that's a homophobic slur,"