Best Friend

Cheryl's POV
Toni seems to be doing okay but I can't tell. I watch her play football and we go on little dates but those fun times and good memories went to hell when she was pulled over for speeding.
"Cheryl, Cheryl," She panics "What do I do? What can I do?"
"Babe it's okay," I say looking back at the officer who got out of his car "T we know him. It's Ralph,"
She nods and he knocks on her window which makes her jump. I lean over and put the window down.
"Hey girls, haven't seen you around lately," he laughs "good to see you're back from California,"
"Good to see you too Ralph," I say through the now open window.
"Babe say hello,"
"Hi sir," Toni says, knuckles turning white on the steering wheel
"Topaz what's up?" He asks concerned
"Nothing," She says "nothing sir, sorry,"
"What happened?" He asks me
"An FBI Agent held her at gun point in the airport a few days ago," I say "Tones turn your head you know Ralph isn't going to hurt you,"
She slowly turns her head and loosens her grip on the wheel when she recognizes Ralph.
"Oh hi Ralph sorry, I'm still jumpy," she sighs
"What happened girls? You two have been through so much," he says
I explain and he shakes his head.
"Sorry to hear that Toni, some people just don't get it," he sighs "it's wrong,"
"I'll be okay," she says
"Good, and anyways you weren't even speeding- just recognized the vehicle and wanted to say hi," he says "but duty calls,"
"We'll see you soon Ralph," I say
"No speeding Blossom," he laughs waving and walking away
I met Ralph the first time I got pulled over for speeding and told him my sob story so he turned into a good adult figure for me. Then he pulled me over the first time I drove with Toni and she teases me about that all the time.
"You okay baby?" I ask as she rolls up the window
"I'm alright," she sighs "just new world right?"
"What does that mean?" I ask
"That opened me up to the world that people that look like me go through all the time. Helped me check my privilege," she sighs "I've been handed a lot of things,"
"No you haven't T, you worked for everything you have," I say
She drives to Pops pulls in.
"never think you aren't the hardest worker I've ever known. You're coloured, bi and a girl- that's not an easy life, but you made it a good one,"
"You made that easier," she says
"I didn't baby, I wish I could've but I didn't. You did this on your own and I'm very proud of you," I say moving her hair behind her ear
"Thank you Cheryl," she says "I know you're my fiancé and it might not make sense but that means a lot,"
"Makes perfect sense," I say "I work everyday to make you proud of me, you aren't just my fiancé, you're my best friend,"
"You're my best friend too Cher," she says kissing me
"I love you T,"
"I love you too babe," she smiles "I never thought you were going to fall for the bartender,"
"Why not love? You're kind of a catch," I wink
"Jug told me who you were with and who you were in comparison to me and my background," she sighs
"Well it would've been my loss babes, you're the absolute best person I've ever met T,"
"Thank you C," she says "you're the best person I've ever met too,"
We go inside and eat and hangout.
"Babe, What was the interview actually about with the FBI?" Toni asks out of the blue
"They asked if I was an accomplice to Dougies murder," I say
"Oh, were you?"
"Tones cmon," I say
"No C, you've been on edge," she says
I sigh and look around.
"Leave your phone and earphones here, and come with me," I say standing up
She leaves her phone on the table and we go behind the restaurant through the back door.
"So? Why do they keep asking you? Do you have anything to do with this?" She asks
"Officially no," I say "nothing ties me to his murder at all,"
"But.." she asks
"Technically they are correct, I'm not telling the entire truth," I say
"So you've been lying to me?" She says "I asked you multiple times.."
"I didn't know for a few weeks after his death," she says "please babe believe I can't tell you for your own good,"
"Why not?" She asks getting angry
"Because T, you're a suspect," I say "and I'm keeping your name as far away from the issue as possible,"
She nods and sighs
"Well you know who did it then?" She asks
"Officially? I have no knowledge of it, but between us yes of course I know who did it,"
"Who?"
"I can't tell you," I say "I promised,"
"You also promised no secrets, so are you going to tell me? Or are we going to have a problem?"
"Have a problem? You're funny babe," I say "I'm not telling you,"
"You are or I'm sleeping at Reggie's house until you tell me,"
"Cmon babe, I can't," I say
She shrugs and goes to walk inside
"Toni wait," I sigh weighing my options

Will Cheryl tell Toni?
Will Cheryl lie to Toni?
Find out and comment theories