Flower

Lexis pov
Cami didn't show up at my locker before class like she said but she did text and say she woke up late but she'll meet me there at lunch.
I go through my first two classes and then right to my locker to see my girlfriend
She's leaning against my locker with flowers
"Flowers?" I laugh
"To make up for being an ass who didn't come see their girlfriend this morning,"
"Thank you, but it really wasn't needed," I say putting them in my locker as well as my books.
She leans me against my locker and looks down at my lips and back to my eyes
"Can I kiss you?"
I nod and she kisses me softly.
"You look so cute today," she says putting her hand on my hip
"Stop you're making me blush,"
"Wanna go to the caf for lunch?" She smirks
I nod and she grabs my hand. We walk to the caf, grab something to eat and sit down at an empty table
Where the football guys come over again.
"Hey Lex," Chad says
"Hey Chad, what's up?"
"You ready for our game Friday?"
"Ya for sure, my mom has been preparing me since I was born for this," I joke
"Is it stressful having her as a mom and a coach? I mean she scares me and I only deal with her in the field," Troy says
"Sometimes, but she really doesn't pressure me or anything. Just lets me do my thing,"
There's only one guy on the team I don't get along with.
Seth
He was Wrens best friend and now doesn't like me that much
And he sits down right across from me.
"Hey Seth,"
"Alexis,"
"Please don't call me that, I really never go by it,"
"Coach calls you that,"
"Coach only calls me that when she's pissed off," I counter
"Anyways, what's up Romero,"
"Not much," Cami says playing with my hand under the table
"I was wondering if you wanted to come see a movie with me tonight,"
She smirks at me and chuckles
"Can't,"
"Why not?"
"I'm busy,"
"What about tomorrow- it's usually customary for the head cheerleader to give the hottest football player a shot,"
"Kinda already am," she says "someone a little more in my league than you Seth,"
He goes to argue and I stop him
"She's my girlfriend Seth,"
"Whatthefuckever," he says storming off
"How long have you guys been dating?" Troy asks
"Almost 3 months," she says kissing my cheek
We talk about the game and everything until it's time to go to class.
"Babe I'm not going to class, if you finish your test early I'll be somewhere,"
"You should go to class,"
"Nah, not today. Not in the mood for Mr. Reese,"
I agree and she walks me to my locker where Seth throws water all over her.
"Fuck you, leave us alone," I spit as he runs away
"I'm alright Lex, it's just water," she laughs
"Want me to help?"
"You have a test, go, get an A, I'll see you later,"
"Okay, bye,"
"Bye," she says kissing my cheek

Cami's pov

I walk to the washroom and get the water off me.
I'll probably get dress coded since my shirt is now see through, but what's worse is my face.
It's scratched to shit and I have a black eye that I hid very well with my makeup- that's now all gone.
Since it's 4th period I figure almost no ones in the halls so I go to my locker and grab a new shirt and makeup and put it in my bag.
"Cami?"
"Oh Mrs. Topaz," I say trying to hide my face
"Is there a story behind the see through shirt or just rebellion?" She laughs
"One of the football boys threw water at me as a joke. I'm just going to change actually,"
"Can I see your face?" She asks
I nod and uncover it
"Holy hell..." she says
"I'm really okay,"
"Why don't you change and then meet me in my office, you know where it is?"
"Ya, it's the second on the right "
She nods and I change my shirt
I guess I shouldn't even bother with makeup because she's already seen it.
I walk to her office and knock
She looks up and smiles
"Hey, come in. Have a seat,"
"Thanks,"
"Now, I'm supposed to get a counsellor in here if I see marks like this but I have a feeling you know how to talk your way around guidance,"
"How do you know that?" I ask surprised
"Because I was able to do it," she says simply "Wanna tell me what happened?"
"So weird, actually I fell down the stairs, and hit my eye on something at the bottom,"
"I used that excuse 10 times," she laughs "did you put makeup on the open cuts?"
"I did,"
"Let me clean them?" She asks
I nod and she brings a first aid kit and cleans out all the cuts.
"This has happened before?"
"No first time,"
"No because that stuff hurts like a bitch- and you didn't even wince,"
Shit
"Fine im a clutz is that all?" I ask trying to stay nice
"My uncle abused me as a kid, throw beer bottles, homophobic slurs, punch me, kick me, all of it," she sighs "that's why I lived with C when we were 16,"
"I'll tell you but promise you won't call CPS?"
"I can't make that promise, but I'll try my hardest to find another solution,"
"My dad is really a good guy, he's never laid a hand on me or done anything wrong- but he's out of town a lot for work. He's tried to get new jobs but this pays so well that he literally can't," I explain "my uncle and cousin come around whenever he publishes since they know he's not here and they.. just bully me Yknow? And it's my fault.."
"Why is it your fault?"
"It started when I tried to find my mother, she's not dead- just a deadbeat and they started coming around and taking my stuff and messing with me since I ruined her life," I sigh looking at the ground "she had me when she was... 25? And she hated me, she wanted a boy,"
"It's not your fault that your mom abandoned you," she says "and it definitely isn't your fault that these people think they can walk all over you, but I have some options while your dad is out of town,"
I nod
"You can stay with us, in a guest room- you will not be sleeping in the same room as Lex since my wife is psycho but we have the room. Coach Mantle, you probably know his son AJ and they have a 3 year old girl Dylan, they would also have room. And then there's Coach Morgan who has a son LJ, and plenty of room,"
"That's a great offer but, I think I'll be okay,"
"The issue Cami is that I can be fired if they find out I knew and something happened to you. I don't have to call CPS but I will if you stay in the home,"
I sigh and nod
"May I stay at yours? But only until my dad comes home right?"
"Right,"
"Thank you,"
"Not a problem, are you going to class?"
"No, my teacher has a crush on me and he creeps me out,"
"Men suck," she jokes
"Are you going to tell Lex?"
"You can, or make something up- I won't tell her,"
"I'll talk to her,"
"Okay, I'll see you around kid. Go do your thing before next period,"
"Thank you Mrs. Topaz,"
She nods and I go put makeup back on.
"Hey babe, I've been looking everywhere for you," Lex says coming into the bathroom
"I was talking with your mom actually,"
"I'm so sorry, she promised she wouldn't do that,"
"No Lex it was.. something that needed to happen,"
"Why do you have a black eye?" She asks
"My uncle and cousin like to beat me up when my dad goes out of town. It got pretty bad last night,"
"I'm so sorry,"
"I'll be okay Topaz. But your mom said I could stay with you guys until my dad comes home,"
"Of course Cami,"
She hugs me and I laugh
"I'm alright baby, don't worry about me okay?"
"Well I'm that case, guess who just switched into your last period,"
"I thought you weren't interested in business,"
"My mom thinks it's a good idea to take it," she sighs "plus I heard there's a hot cheerleader in that class,"
"Oh my god, let's go check," I laugh
We get to the class and she sits next to me.
"That's my seat," my ex, Oliver, says to Lex
"Oh I'm.."
"It's hers now, beat it,"
"Oh come on Cami," he whines
"Oliver get over it and move on,"
"Whatever slut,"
"What the hell-" Lexi starts
"Babe it's not worth it okay? I broke up with him, and he got jealous that I was happy so fast,"
"I don't like him saying things like that about you,"
"I'm okay Lex,"
I kiss her cheek and she blushes
"We've been dating so long and yet you still blush,"
"You're funny,"
We sit through class and she's actually really good at all of this
"How are you so good at this?"
"My mom has been talking business to me since I was born," she laughs "I help her out sometimes,"
I love this girl.
I can't wait to see where we go.