Time Management

Lexis pov
My moms, Cami, and I are at pops waiting for her dad to come in.
"He's almost here," cami sighs "unfortunately I got my lack of time management from him,"
"It's no problem, the further I am from AJ, LJ, and TJ the better," Cheryl says
"Why?" I laugh
"Girl problems,"
We all laugh and cami perks up when a guy walks in.
"Dad!" She waves
"Hey Cams," he says hugging her
They sit on the other side from my moms and I and Cami smiles
"Dad, this is Lexi- my girlfriend, and Toni and Cheryl her moms," she says "this is my dad, Francisco,"
"Nice to finally meet you, Cam has told me a lot of great things," he says
We make small talk until our meal starts and then Toni prompts Cami to tell him what's wrong.
She sighs and nods
"Dad, whenever you're out of town mamas brother and nephew come and beat me up," she says quietly "and Toni is a teacher at our school and realized it a couple days ago,"
He thanks my mom and shakes his head
He starts speaking Spanish and I understand very little.
He said something along the lines of
"Camilla we should've talked alone first,"
She starts speaking Spanish back and he stands up.
"Do you guys mind if we take a minute?" She asks "I don't know what's wrong,"
"Of course," Toni says
They go outside and we just eat and talk.
Cami comes in crying and drops money on the table.
"Thank you guys so much for everything, i need to go but I'll talk to you later Lexi,"
She kisses my cheek and leaves.
"That was weird,"
"Maybe something happened with her family," Cheryl says
We go home and I throw the ball around with the boys for a little while.
"Lexi guess what?" AJ asks
"What AJ?"
"I got a date with that hot cheerleader I was dancing with,"
"Ella?"
"Yep,"
"Good job buddy,"
"TJ has a date with Charlie too," LJ says
"Charlie?" I laugh
"What are you laughing at?"
"You used to hate her, said she was the worst person you ever met,"
"Ya until she got hot," AJ says
"Not Charlie W," TJ says "a new girl, Charlie Ivory,"
"Where's she from?"
"Colorado,"
"Cool," I laugh "What about you LJ?"
"He's really into that Keller kid," TJ says
"TJ shut up,"
"Our moms used to be really good friends with his dad, they still talk all the time,"
"Really?" AJ asks
"Ya apparently he was close with your dad too," I say "but Ryland is super shy isn't he?"
"Ya and I don't even know if he's gay," LJ sighs
We all laugh and keep playing until I get a call from Cami.
"Hey babe," I smile
"Hey Lex, can you talk right now?"
"Sure what's up?"
"I'll be over in 5,"
"Okay, be safe,"
She hangs up and I throw the ball at AJ
"I'll be back, Camis coming over to talk about something,"
They nod and I go sit out front
She pulls in and I go over and kiss her
She doesn't seem happy.
"Let's sit,"
"Oh, okay,"
We sit on the grass and she sighs.
"Baby, my dad found a full time job," she says with a small smile "better pay, more stability,"
"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys,"
"You're not going to be,"
"Why C?"
"Because I have to move to Spain,"
I gasp a little and start crying.
"We leave Tuesday, and my dad was so happy to tell me because he got me into the Spainish school of arts and dance," she says "full scholarship,"
"That's so good Cami, I'm proud of you, but what does this mean for us?"
"Baby I think you know what it means," she says squeezing my hand "we can't do that long of distance, not at our age.. and I'm not going to do that to you because I know you'd be sad all the time,"
"I know," I say crying a little harder
She kisses me and then my forehead
"Lex, you're always going to be my best friend okay? Always. But we aren't doing that "I'll wait for you" bullshit. We are never ever going to stop talking but I think we need to find other people. At least for now,"
"I know," I say hugging her "I'm always here for you Cami,"
"I need to go pack, but I'll see you Monday okay?"
I nod and she drives off before I completely lose it.
"TJ?" I yell into the backyard
He comes up the stairs and hugs me immediately
"Lex what happened?"
"She broke up with me," I sob
"Why? What happened?"
"She's moving time Spain with her dad,"
"Oh Lex," he sighs "that fucking sucks. I really don't know what to say,"
"You're right, it does fucking suck," I say with a small laugh "I'm just going to go upstairs for a bit, tell moms that's where I am when they get back?"
He nods and goes back to play with LJ and AJ
I spend an hour blasting sad music and bawling my eyes out looking at pictures of us together.
Fuck I loved her
So much
"Lexi?" Cheryl asks coming in
"Hey," I say wiping my tears
"TJ said you were upset," she says "he didn't say why,"
She sits on the edge of my bed and I look at my hands
"Camis dad found a full time job in Spain and they're moving there," I say looking at a picture "and she broke up with me because we wouldn't survive the distance,"
She hugs me and I sob for a few more minutes.
"I know it's hard Lex, but it's a very mature decision of you two and I promise she won't be your last girlfriend, or partner- okay? I'm so happy you had a safe and loving relationship for you to find out more about yourself. Cami is an amazing girl, and you two are always going to be friends, okay?"
"I know but it's so hard,"
"Oh I know sweetie, I know okay? It's going to be hard, but Mama and I are going to be here for you okay?"
Toni comes in and sits on the other side of me
Cheryl explains what happened and she rubs my back.
"I'll be back, I need to check on your sisters okay?" Cheryl says
I nod and she leaves
"Mama?"
"Mhm?"
"What if no one ever likes me like she did?"
"Oh Lexi, there's not even a question about that. Your smart, athletic, compassionate, and you are so so pretty. Anyone would be a fool not to like you okay? You'll find someone,"
"No one ever thinks I'm pretty,"
"You look more like your mother every single day, Lexi you're beautiful okay?"
"I don't look like mom anymore haven't since I was like 3,"
My red hair turned to more of a brown with blonde highlight for some reason when I was a kid,
"Lexi you look so much like Cheryl it's scary some days," Toni laughs "and you definitely have most of her personality since she raised you for like 2 months al by herself,"
"And then another 6 when you were pretend dead,"
"Oh yes, the quietest part of my life," she jokes "I thought you guys might still be too you g to remember that, think it was a bad dream or something,"
"I only really remember mom in the hospital and the day you came home. Mia remembers everything though,"
"Ya Mias a little shit," she sighs "we're putting her in high school to shut her up,"
"Seriously? She won that battle?"
"She has to stay there until she's at least 16 but yes,"
We laugh and I dry my tears
What the fuck just happened