I dont Understand

Cheryl's POV
"T-Toni?" I say sitting up
"Hey babygirl, did you hit your head?" She asks
"A-a-apparently. You're dead, you've been dead for like.. months,"
"Cher, the disease I had doesn't kill you instantly. It makes you go psychotic, it would've made me dangerous to be around the kids with. I knew I was getting close- so I got a cadaver of a lady that looked like me and went to the military base where they wouldn't let me hurt anyone,"
"And h-how are you here?"
"You found a cure babe. You saved me, it took a while t work since I was so advanced, but it worked. I'm 100% fine now,"
"I don't believe it,"
"Reggie knew the whole time. We kept in touch,"
"Your hair isn't the same. This isn't actually you," I say crawling backwards
"Baby, it's me okay? I know it's hard. But I wanna come home,"
She helps me stand up and I hug her
It is Toni
She's really my wife.
"Reggie knew?"
"He did, he helped me,"
"That ass,"
"Cher?" She asks
"Ya tones?"
"Can I kiss you?"
I nod and she kisses me
I kiss her back
"Mom what the hell?" Robbie asks as I hear him running over
"Robs it's okay," I say turning around
"T-Toni?" He asks shocked
"Hey kid," she laughs "I'm home,"
"You're home? You're dead! Who the hell.."
"Calm down Robs, it's really her," I say "the infection she had was complicated and she didn't want to hurt you or your siblings so she faked that she died peacefully so we didn't have to go through anything worse,"
"I'm sorry Rob, I know it was hard on you I couldn't hurt you guys anymore,"
"And you knew?" He asks me
"I had no clue,"
"So Toni faked her death all on her own?" He says sarcastically
"N.." I start
"Ya, all by myself,"
Robbie storms off
"I can't tell him Reg helped me, he's going to be angry,"
"TT a lot has changed since you've been gone," I sigh
"I know C, and if you need a chance to re adjust- V said I could stay with her and Archie,"
"No, TT it's totally fine but.."
"Cheryl!" Reggie yells "she's hungry,"
He runs over gives me KC and looks shocked to see T.
"You got cleared man?"
"You know it," she says hugging him
"Who's this?" She asks Reggie "yours?"
"Ours," I say "the adoption agency called me and asked to take in a new born and I said yes. A lot has changed,"
"She's beautiful, how old is she?"
"10 hours," I laugh
"What's her name?"
"Kaylee Cameron," I smile rocking her
"Where are my other trouble makers?"
"With Lizzy and Liv, getting there faces painted,"
She kisses my temple and smiles
"I missed you Cher,"
"I missed you too baby,"
"Topaz, I have a press conference today, wanna announce your return to the team? If you're ready?"
"Of course Reg,"
Her hair is so different that people aren't blinking an eye when they see her since they aren't thinking they'll see her obviously.
"By the way Reggie, she's not hungry she's tired," I say as KC falls asleep
"She was crying," he says "that's all I know,"
"Tones you wanna go see the kids?" I ask
She nods and we go towards Lizzy and Liv.
Tony runs towards us first and grabs my leg.
"Mommy look I got a bulldog,"
"I see that baby boy, it looks amazing," I say "but look who it is,"
I point at Toni and he gasps
"Mama?"
"Come give me a hug TJ,"
He hugs her and she picks him up and kisses his cheek.
"Mama I don't understand," he says
"Baby we'll talk about it later okay? You don't have to understand right now, but I'm home baby boy,"
He kisses her cheek and smiles at me
"Mommy this is the best thing ever! Right?"
"Right buddy,"
Lexi and Mia run over and hug Toni's legs
"Mama?" Mia asks
"Hey princess,"
"Mama home?"
"Mamas home," Toni says bending down so she can hug all of them
"I missed you mama,"
"I missed you too Lexi,"
"Where did you go?"
"I went to get better, I got really sick and I didn't wanna hurt you guys,"
Lexi nods and hugs her again.
"Cher.. what's going on?" Liz asks
"Toni wasn't dead, your husband knew too," I say smiling "she's home,"
"What do you mean isn't dead?"
"She faked it, but made it legit. The government knew,"
"She's insane,"
"Ya she is,"
Toni stands up and hugs Liz and Liv
"Reggie told me you two really helped the kids out, thank you so much,"
"No problem Toni," they say
"Topaz, ready for the press conference?"
"Ya lets do it,"
She kisses my cheek and goes off with Reggie.
"Can I have everyone's attention to begin?" Reggie asks in the microphone "there has been many rumours about me stepping down as head coach of the bulldogs, I am here to deny those rumours. But I am happy to announce a co coach, both of us will be head coaches and this person is super excited to get back on the bench. This may come as a shock and we're open to answering questions that you may have. Without further ado, the bulldogs new head coach- Toni Topaz,"
Confusion erupts as Tones walks out and hugs Reggie.
"Alright shut up, one at a time," she says
"I think we all have the same first question, how are you alive when we were at your funeral?"
"I would first like to apologize for everything that happened. I know people will fake things for fame or more attention but to be clear I was sick, and I was sick enough to die any day. I had learned during my time researching the infection that the last few weeks to up to 2 months of a patients life they can lose control of themselves and the brain begins dying from the inside. With three small children at home, a teenager that has seen enough violence, and a beautiful wife that had been through too much because of me- I reached out to the USA Military to ask them to help me out and to make sure I wasn't putting anyone at risk. They helped me fake my death, and make it appear I didn't die in any pain or violence. For the sake of my family, and the image I wanted to maintain I decided to go out like that. I never dreamed that my wife would continue research into this infection and find a cure. She saved me, and over the last few months I have been ensuring that I am completely okay so as not to give hope where I cannot guarantee. My doctor told me earlier today I have equal health to anyone else in my age group and that the mental strain it took in me was all but gone. In saying this, I understand any anger or confusion that you may be feeling and understand that people will have different views on my return to Riverdale High,"
"Toni who do you most have to thank during your time away?"
"First I would like the thank the American Government for helping me try and give my family piece of mind and a healthy memory of me. And Reggie for taking care of my family over the last few months. But mostly I would like to thank my wife, Cheryl Topaz," she says making eye contact with me "in the last months we were together she had always made sure that I was okay, that I felt loved and that I wasn't in pain- all while working tirelessly towards a cure. She didn't even know that saving me was an option anymore but she continued to work towards a cure because she didn't want other families suffering as ours did. She saved my life, the facts are that I wouldn't be here today without her,"