Serpent

Toni's POV
"Ms. Topaz. I'm sorry, your hand is broken in 3 places- you will be in a cast for two or more months," the doctor says "our nurses will put your cast on in about 15 minutes, it's better than it could've been, you're lucky,"
I can't believe it.
2 months? I might not play another game this season.
I start crying and Cher hugs me.
"It's ok, you're going to be just fine,"
"But what about football?" I ask
"We'll figure it out baby," she says "I promise we will but you have to make sure it's healed if you want to play again,"
I nod and she hugs me.
"Brynn might be found dead soon, but you ma Cherie will be just fine,"
"You will not touch her," I say
"I kinda bought a bow,"
"And your bow or arrows will not touch her either,"
"Babe, Seriously, no,"
She rolls her eyes and pouts.
"No hurting her,"
"Fine, I won't swing first,"
"You won't swing,"
"Fine,"
She pecks my lips and sighs.
"I don't want you to worry babe," she says "we'll go talk to coach right away ok?"
I nod and give her a half smile.
I get my cast on and they ask me what colour.
"What do you think babe?" I ask
"It's your cast silly," she laughs
"What colour?" I ask
"What colour do I always say?" She asks
"Can I Please have red?" I ask
The nurse nods and puts the red wrap on.
We leave and walk to to fields, it's weird standing on this side of Cheryl, I always stand to her left.
"You doing ok babe?"
"It hurts,"
"I know," she sighs
They gave me a sling too, so it can stay in place, I can take it off whenever though.
"Hey coach?" Cheryl asks knocking on the door
"Ya Blossom, what's up?"
"I'm out," I say in a low tone
He turns and looks at me
"Out?" He asks before noticing the sling and cast "was this Mantle? The boy is running sprints for the rest of the damn year,"
"No it was a hate crime," Cheryl says
"Babe Stop it,"
"It's the girl who hates Toni because she's bisexual," Cheryl says "the one that drugged her a few weeks ago,"
"Toni she might be right," he says "that might be a hate crime,"
"I don't want to do anything, I just wanna play,"
"How long are you out for?"
"2 months," I say
"At least," Cheryl adds
"Thanks Cher," I sigh
We talk and then decide to go to Tito and meet the boys.
"The boys are going to be angry aren't they?"
"At Brynn? Definitely,"
"At me," I sigh
"No babe, they won't I promise,"
I nod and we walk in.
Reggie immediately runs over and hugs me and the twins do too.
"Are you ok Toni?" Reggie asks
"I will be," I sigh
"How long are you out?" Will asks
"2 months or more," I say looking at the ground "my season might be over,"
"Babe, we talked about this," Cheryl says "she'll be back for your last 2 games of the regular season and playoffs,"
They nod and we go sit down, me on the floor and Cher in between my legs.
"I love you TT," she whispers
"I love you too Cher," I smile kissing the top of her head
I play with her hair with my one hand and she just rests and closes her eyes.
Brynn comes in and I go stiff
Don't say anything, don't see me, don't see me
Please god, let her not see me.
Cher opens her eyes and looks up at me.
"Babe, are you alright?"
I look at her and shake my head.
She looks around and sees brynn.
"Please Just ignore her," I say
"Ok," she says calmly "you're ok T,"
I nod and she gives her her hand with all her rings to play with.
"Thank you," I whisper
"No problem babe," she says "Hey reggie?"
"Ya Blossom?"
"Wanna deal with the situation over there? Toni won't let me,"
"Definitely," he says
The boys go over and there's a confrontation.
"Babe, please," Cheryl says
"Fine but im coming,"
"Fine,"
We get up and walk over
"Stand down boys," she say walking through them "I'm gunna make this so simple even you can understand it. This campus is not big enough for two unstable lesbians and I think I've proved my worth here way more than you are your creepy ass obsession with my fiancé. What you did to Toni was a hate crime and it's disgusting. We get made fun of and harassed by straight people all the time but it's so disappointing to have to go through this from someone part of the community and someone who has gone through the same things,"
"How can it be a hate crime if I'm a lesbian?"
"You attacked Toni because she is bisexual, you've made that glaringly clear,"
She huffs and get closer to Cheryl
"What are you going to do about it?" Brynn spits
"You might've ruined my fiancé's football season, and you've ruined the past few months of her life," Cheryl sneers "you don't know what I'm capable of,"
"I do know you won't hit me, right here, right now,"
"I won't, you're right," Cheryl sighs "but what do you know about Toni's past?"
"She's bisexual," Brynn replies
"Then let me tell you, Toni is the leader of the infamous Southside Serpents from Riverdale. These guys raised her until she was old enough to lead. She's like a daughter and a little sister to each and everyone of them- especially her brothers Sweetpea and Fangs who- on my request called in some favours, and they just showed up,"
I look to where Cheryl motions to and over 2 dozen serpents are standing behind Sweetpea and Fangs.
"See usually Toni has to tell them to do shit like this, but she's too nice. I however, am not. If I were you, I would leave and go back to Canada. I might not be allowed to hit you, I might not want to go to jail, but any one of these 30 men will go to jail gladly for what you did to Toni, and for what you did to our relationship, I won't feel bad about it- you took the most important person in the world to me, away," she says holding my hand "and you took something that meant the world to her away and broke her hand in 3 places. You're a high class bitch who thinks you're above all right and wrong, you told me last week the reckoning was coming and it's here,"
"They won't touch me,"
"Ya, they will," she sighs "or you could leave and never have to find out,"
"They won't listen to you, and Toni's too proud to ask for their help,"
"Sweetpea, did you bring it?" Cheryl asks breaking eye contact with Brynn and looking at him
He nods and she drags me over.
"What is it?" I ask
"The red jacket that got lost all those years ago, we reordered it and I told Cheryl," Sweetpea says handing me a bag
I get the jacket out and help Cheryl put it on.
"She's always been a serpent, not officially, but now she's marrying the most powerful serpent in the country- that makes her our boss," one of the elder serpents say
"And it doesn't matter, if red says they need help, we'll deal with it," a familiar voice says "they're family, no matter what,"
I look back- Tom?
She runs away and Cheryl kisses me. I can't believe she got this many serpents to the west coast, she's so amazing.
"Thank you Cheryl," I say
"Anything for you babe," she laughs kissing my cheek
Sweetpea picks me up from behind and spins me.
"We came up as soon as we heard,"
"You should be in class," I laugh "but thank you,"
"We're actually doing good!" Fangs says "90's,"
"I'm glad," I say hugging him "I missed you two losers,"
They go over and talk with Cheryl while I catch up with some serpents.
"Tom," I nod
"Antoniette," he nods back "I'm proud of everything you've done,"
"Thank you,"
"I'm serious, this school, your football, it's very impressive," he says "plus, you got lucky with that one,"
He nods towards Cheryl and I smile. She's playing ping pong against Sweetpea and Fangs and Reggie's bothering her.
"Ya she's amazing," I laugh
"Go hangout with your friends we'll catch up later," he says
I nod and walk over behind Cheryl.
"Hey baby," I say grabbing her hip with my one good hand and kiss her cheek
"Hey T, how was your reunion," she hums
"It was definitely good to see them," I say "Thanks babe,"
"No problem,"
She wins and turns around to face me.
"Babe I love you," She says
"I love you too babygirl," I smile
I back her up into the table and she hops up.
"I love this jacket T,"
"And it looks amazing on you," I say "I tried to order it back when you first wanted to join,"
"Mhm?" She asks
"Ya I thought you'd like it,"
"I love it," she smiles
"Good because I love you,"
I kiss her and she smiles against my lips.
"I'm so happy we're back together," she says
"Me too," I say
"At least you had friends,"
"Babe, you could've hung out with the boys, Reggie said you were always busy,"
"I didn't want to steal your friends," she pouts
"They're your friends too baby,"
"I know," she sighs
"T, you want any pizza?" RJ yells
"Ya sure!" I say "what about you babe?"
"I don't know," she sighs
"Get Cher and I a pizza for ourselves,"
"Sounds good,"
"T I'm not hungry," she sighs
"C I want to marry you and I don't want you to die," I say
"Toni I'm serious,"
"Cheryl," I sigh "So am I babe. I don't like seeing you scared to eat,"
"I've been eating better,"
"And I'm so so proud of that, but you need to keep on it,"
"Ok I will,"
"Thank you,"
She smiles and Austen calls her over to play him in pool.
"Go ahead babes, I'll wait for the pizza,"
She pecks my cheek and walks off.
The red leather jacket is so fucking hot.

So I'm in Bermuda from Monday- Thursday and won't post- I'll be back Friday!
Love you all
CRL