Freedom

Toni's POV
"No you can't do this," I scream as they put Cheryl in handcuffs "she was with me all night, you can't,"
"Baby, babe calm down I'm ok alright. Just meet me at the station, call my lawyer baby,"
She pecks my lips and nods.
"I'm a Blossom babe, of course it's me,"
I start crying but she stays calm as she is dragged out by two officers.
"Reggie, what am I going to do?"
"Exactly What She said, she hired a new lawyer when you guys moved out here, she's a Blossom, it happens. You know she'll be ok,"
"What does 'Blossoms get away with murder mean?'"
"Her father, murdered her twin brother. Then her mother murdered her father and his twin brother, but that was after her uncle murdered a bunch of people including our sherif and a few random drug dealers," Reggie says "her family was messed up,"
"Not to mention we suspect her mother killed her grandmother," I say "and none of them were ever tried, or suspected. Except her father, but he was killed by Penelope in the barn before he was apprehended,"
"The feds have been trying to get a blossom behind bars for years, but there's never any proof or they die before trial," I say "Cher has always said since she's old enough now they'll flag anything near her a find a motive,"
"Stop the bloodline,"
"Exactly,"
We drive to the police station.
"My fiancé Cheryl Blossom was just taken into custody," I say "I don't know how this works, can I get an update on her or something?"
"She asked for a lawyer," the man says "they can't question her until he gets here. Are you Toni Topaz?"
"Yes,"
"Are you free to speak to a detective without a lawyer?"
"Sure,"
They pull me into a room and a detective sits on the other side of the table.
"My name is Detective Amy Diaz," a Latina cop says
"Toni Topaz,"
"I know who you are, every person in the country knows who you are,"
"They know my name, and my face," I say "no one in this country knows me,"
"It's almost like you've trained for this," she says "that's a good response,"
"This isn't my first interview with a detective," I counter
"That's true, you were also raised in a gang, correct?"
"South side Serpents Of Riverdale New York," I say "but you already knew that and I'm guessing you also know I led and still lead the gang,"
"Let's talk about your girlfriend,"
"Fiancé," I correct "the whole country knows that, I did it on live tv,"
"Alright, Cheryl has a history of violence, yes?"
"No, that's incorrect," I say "she wouldn't hurt a fly, unless that fly hurt me or someone she cared about,"
"She was seen holding a knife to a boy's throat,"
"Who held a blade to hers seconds earlier,"
"The boy was our victims brother,"
"Victim," I laugh "I've heard Douglas been called a lot of things, I've called him hundreds myself, but victim? He wasn't,"
"He deserved to get murdered?"
"He had it coming, people from across the country knew who he was, what he did to me. I'm not surprised,"
"Were you surprised your fiancé was the one to do it?" She asks
"I'm surprised that you people are so dumb, at least out east when they accuse you of crimes they build a case," I say "Cheryl was with me all night and for a few hours just after nine that I was away, she was with reggie which even if she wasn't I know she couldn't have killed him as I know for a fact he was still alive,"
"How would you know such a fact?" She asks
I take my sweater off showing my bruised to hell ribs, the blade Mark from my boobs to my hip and the finger marks on my boobs.
"Because I met up with him at 9 to give him plane tickets for him to leave me the hell alone," I say "he gave me this as a parting gift,"
"He did all of this?" She asks
"With help from his brother," i say "how much do you know about the feud between me Cheryl and the Erries boys?"
"Limited," she admits
"Let's start then," I say "I worked in a bar since I was 9 ish years old. I had to pay off my own medical bills after my mother drugged me and blew up our house because she was cooking meth, 3 years later I met dougie in that bar and he became obsessed with me. We started dating, by force and he abused me for what felt like years, I think it was only 8-9 months but, then again I was only allowed to do what he told me so i never knew. My best friends got me out of the relationship and they went away until my first national championship they kidnaped me and drugged me for 3 months, he raped me constantly which ended up in me getting pregnant, Freddy stalked Cheryl and I and also was one of the boys who broke into our hotel room and made Cheryl play Russian roulette,"
"Wow,"
"Mhm," I say "even if Cheryl could've done this, she wouldn't have, she's scared of Dougie. If Freddy died? She's in the realm of possibility but she's too terrified of Dougie,"
"What's Cheryl's experience with firearms?"
"Limited if anything, she had one for protection in junior year before I moved in and then disposed of it," I say "other than that, Russian roulette, and that's it,"
"What about bow and arrows?"
"Very familiar, she's talented to say the least. Learning forever now," I say "was dougie killed by Robin Hood?"
"No, testing your credibility. You passed, a lot of people wouldn't sell out the person they love,"
"I didn't sell her out, there's nothing to hide. We have cameras in our dorms and it will show RJ Morgan dropping me off around 10:35 and Cheryl opening the door, then they both enter the apartment and the boys leave around 11:50," I say "Cheryl never left,"
"You're awful confident, just like your fiancé was prior to asking for a lawyer,"
"Nothing to hide,"
"Exactly What She said,"
"She was probably a lot bitchier though,"
" a little ,"
"I'm the nice one,"
"So it seems," she replies "why would she request a lawyer if she's innocent?"
"Cheryl's smart, the smartest person you'll ever meet. She doesn't want to make mistakes,"
"Mistakes?"
"Mis speak, or something, wants to know someone's in her corner,"
She nods and leads me back out with the boys.
"Ms. Blossom should be released within a few hours,"
"Thank you,"
I sit beside reggie.
"What'd they ask you?"
"Dumb questions," I sigh "I know how to handle officers and so does Cher. We're fine,"
"You seem to be calmer than you should be,"
"Cheryl was with us all night last night, she accused me of killing him. If she killed him she would've called me to help her," I say "she's got nothing to hide,"
We wait 2 hours before I fall asleep on Reggie's shoulder.
...
I feel lips press to mine and I wake up. Not in a panic, this is a familiar sensation.
"Wake up baby, it's time to go," cher says
"Oh my god!" I say excited finally believing it's real
"No longer under suspicion," she smiles
I hug her and put my hand on the back of her head. She's ok, I'm ok.
"Did I hear you were questioned and didn't ask for a lawyer?"
"Mhm," I say looking in her eyes
"You need to use a lawyer," she says "anytime you talk it's the easiest thing to do,"
"I didn't need one,"
"If they ask us more questions you're using one," she says "for me,"
"Fine,"
"Good,"
She pecks my lips
"Let's get out of here babes,"
"Ok,"
We walk out and of course the media is here.
"Great, love these guys,"